Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One of these Trump things about which there is considerable outrage.

One of these Trump things about which there is considerable outrage.

He is, they say, determined to deport millions of people from the US, and this, they say, is racist. From what I have read, however, he seems to be promising to deport millions of illegal immigrants from the US. This puzzles me.

I mean, isn't 'deporting' exactly what you do to illegal immigrants? If you didn't, then what would be the point of being a legal immigrant?

Racism is complicated, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He is, they say, determined to deport millions of people from the US, and this, they say, is racist. From what I have read, however, he seems to be promising to deport millions of illegal immigrants from the US. This puzzles me.

I mean, isn't 'deporting' exactly what you do to illegal immigrants? If you didn't, then what would be the point of being a legal immigrant?

It is indeed. It's like how it's also racist to point out that someone clearly isn't a child or for that matter a refugee when the only excuse for letting them enter the country is that they are a child and/or a refugee. I'm sure Gary Lineker and Lily Allen could explain why doing this makes you a racist, but I'm not sure.

Essentially, I think it's that if someone is poorer and browner than you, then questioning their right to live in your country is racism.

It would seem a shame that some criminal types* who would not add anything to your society who came in illegally should stay on the basis of not seemingly to appear racist.

but Pat Vegas** can't move to the US. a hard working Awimb posting, son of a gun who would contribute to the country chasing the American Dream.

It's a bit bizarre as the rules Trump wishes to employ are pretty much what canada do already. But they are seen as the easy going Northern neighbour.

* Some criminal types not everyone is a criminal. Yet again if they are 'illegal' then they have broken the law and are also criminal.

**Yes that's right I've turned it about myself again.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It is indeed. It's like how it's also racist to point out that someone clearly isn't a child or for that matter a refugee when the only excuse for letting them enter the country is that they are a child and/or a refugee. I'm sure Gary Lineker and Lily Allen could explain why doing this makes you a racist, but I'm not sure.

Essentially, I think it's that if someone is poorer and browner than you, then questioning their right to live in your country is racism.
    When did Lily Allen appoint herself as spokesperson on all matters?

I thought she was alright before.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    When did Lily Allen appoint herself as spokesperson on all matters?

I thought she was alright before.
    When she needed the publicity?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    When she needed the publicity?
    She can fark off low-rent Lady Gaga.

Obama deported 2.5 million people. More than any other US president.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Obama deported 2.5 million people. More than any other US president.
    Racist? Non-racist? I just can't tell any more.

Non racist. As Obama has darker ski..... actually forget it I'll only end up in trouble.

Well it's become meaningless, hasn't it? The same word that once denoted the sort of person who'd openly abuse or discriminate against someone of a different race is now reflexively used to describe anyone who questions an open-door immigration policy or wonders aloud whether there might be a problem with some of the habits and attitudes endemic to Islamic communities in the UK. As such, it loses any meaning and increasingly loses impact.