Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you shared a flight with somebody famous?

Have you shared a flight with somebody famous?

I hear these stories all the time.

The only won who was on my flight that I have been aware of was Croatian fighter Mirko Cro cop.
    I felt safer in his presence.

Coolio. And his rather sweary entourage.

Back in the day. As they say.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Coolio. And his rather sweary entourage.

Back in the day. As they say.
    I love these chaps and their entourages. They put all these freeloaders on the payroll and then wonder five years later why they're bankrupt.

There was an awful of of them. Still fair play to him for coming from 1st class to stand at the back of economy with his homies.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I love these chaps and their entourages. They put all these freeloaders on the payroll and then wonder five years later why they're bankrupt.
    It used to be, we called them "family & friends". I blame The 1960s
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It used to be, we called them "family & friends". I blame The 1960s
    Certainly. HRH Maha Vajiralongkorn, crown prince of Thailand. (He took the whole of First Class, but I peeked through the curtain.) Jens Lehman - I stalked him to baggage reclaim and then followed him when he went for a pee and had a lovely little chat at the urinal. Also a film star ona flight to Miami, but I've forgotten which one.

Billy Connolly - in Virgin Upper Class from London to NY.

Back when Virgin Upper Class was really rather good. Had no idea who he was, at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I hear these stories all the time.

The only won who was on my flight that I have been aware of was Croatian fighter Mirko Cro cop.
    I felt safer in his presence.
    Plenty. Off the cuff: William Hague, John Major, Kilroy-Silk, Marco Pierre White, that Chalmers woman, James Martin, Victor Chandler, second richest guy in Russia. The crowning glory was having Leonard Cohen sitting on the other side of my row. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Plenty. Off the cuff: William Hague, John Major, Kilroy-Silk, Marco Pierre White, that Chalmers woman, James Martin, Victor Chandler, second richest guy in Russia. The crowning glory was having Leonard Cohen sitting on the other side of my row. RIP.
    Welcome back, Mo.

I haven't left, I will only be around sparingly though until this place is cleaned up.