Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So did Sanchez tear a muscle of some kind last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Didn't go near Ambleside. I was up north, in the wilderness.
    Watford is north, Ambleside sure as hell is.

V doesn't have you getting all ambitious and doing ludicrously hard walks which cut into the fine dining and imbibing, does she?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Watford is north, Ambleside sure as hell is.

V doesn't have you getting all ambitious and doing ludicrously hard walks which cut into the fine dining and imbibing, does she?
    After a day on 't fells, we've no energy for going out eating.

Hearty stews, roasted meats, these are the meals which fuel our exploration of the outer reaches of human physical endurance.

Hearty stews, roasted meats, these are the meals which fuel our exploration of the outer reaches of human physical endurance.
    Did you try the Dog and Gun in Keswick? They're all about hearty plates of stew.

Sod that. Two hour walk on not too steep ground in a bit of, but not too much, rain followed by collapsing into a local pub with many wonderful real ales. Several hours later, freshly showered and dressed you arrive at a Michelin star gastro pub or restaurant.

I'm dead keen on the Lakes, me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Did you try the Dog and Gun in Keswick? They're all about hearty plates of stew.
    Nope. Entirely self-catered, except one lunch at the Old Keswickian fish and chip restaurant. Cod, chips, pot of tea, bread and butter.

Booths did well out of me.

Nope. Entirely self-catered, except one lunch at the Old Keswickian fish and chip restaurant. Cod, chips, pot of tea, bread and butter.

Booths did well out of me.
    I never went in there. Was tempted to, but I have a horror of sit-down chippies and people drinking tea with what they doubtless call their 'dinner'. It's simply too common for me

Also, I have now reached a stage in my life where I simply refuse to eat anywhere I can't have alcohol with my meal.

Isn't the Chairman of AFC called Chips Keswick?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I never went in there. Was tempted to, but I have a horror of sit-down chippies and people drinking tea with what they doubtless call their 'dinner'. It's simply too common for me

Also, I have now reached a stage in my life where I simply refuse to eat anywhere I can't have alcohol with my meal.
    They have a rather pleasant little wine list, as well as lagers and local ales by the bottle.