Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Conor McGregor - biggest star in sports right now?

Conor McGregor - biggest star in sports right now?

Unbelievable how he's taking the UFC and the American market by storm.

Biggest ever gate for ANY EVENT at MSG, biggest PPV EVER for the UFC, dual WORLD CHAMPION in TWO weight classes at the same time, talks the talk and goes out there and beats everyone...unbelievable.

Did anyone expect him to go out and make Eddie Alverez look completely ordinary...and that's the point. Eddie is world class, had a brilliant training camp, no injuries, a fine weight cut...everything was perfect. no excuses. but Conor destroyed him to win the two belts.

Problem for the UFC is he now holds all the aces so they're going to cough up mega money for him to fight.

I think for his next fight he's taking him £25m minimum.

Insane for a sport where some fighters on the undercards make 6k USD to show and another 6k USD if they win.

Can't weight for the Floyd Mayweather fight talk to restart......

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Biggest ever gate for ANY EVENT at MSG, biggest PPV EVER for the UFC, dual WORLD CHAMPION in TWO weight classes at the same time, talks the talk and goes out there and beats everyone...unbelievable.

Did anyone expect him to go out and make Eddie Alverez look completely ordinary...and that's the point. Eddie is world class, had a brilliant training camp, no injuries, a fine weight cut...everything was perfect. no excuses. but Conor destroyed him to win the two belts.

Problem for the UFC is he now holds all the aces so they're going to cough up mega money for him to fight.

Insane for a sport where some fighters on the undercards make 6k USD to show and another 6k USD if they win.

I was thinking about this. They can't cave into his demands too much. He only has a certain shelf life and he seems to be up to something. I suspect he will retire after 1 or 2 massive pay days.

I suspect he'll end up headline in Russia.

Given that I had to google him to find out who he is, I'm gonna say 'no'.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Given that I had to google him to find out who he is, I'm gonna say 'no'.
    I have no idea what is going on. I saw people talking about Kell Brook I assumed it it was the large knockered woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I have no idea what is going on. I saw people talking about Kell Brook I assumed it it was the large knockered woman.
    I'm none the wiser

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm none the wiser
    I am too busy in my little boring world to know what's going on really.
    I got a stressful week of taking the car for a service, christmas shopping, working out my vegas trip that I don't want to go on, doing my next ocado order

Biggest star in sports?

You are having a laugh, aren't you?

Never heard of him, is he a boxer? Can he beat Audley Harrison?

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Never heard of him, is he a boxer? Can he beat Audley Harrison?
    I thought it was Pogba lol