Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at all these protests I am struck by the thought that there are few more

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You could justify the election of Jeremy Corbyn to Prime Minister with precisely the same logic. Were it to happen, I very much doubt that you would have held that view.
    If I believed that was a possibility, I would probably take a look at the reasons why it might happen rather than arrogantly and lazily dismissing those who made the choice as stupid/insane/racist/whatever. Your lofty assumption that the status quo that happens to suit you is sanity and all else is insanity is precisely the mindset that meant Clinton and her ilk didn't see this coming.

This is one of my faves

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    pathetic sights on this earth than an angry liberal
    Thought bubble: "I'm gonna be getting me some serious leftie pussy if this makes the news"

If I believed that was a possibility, I would probably take a look at the reasons why it might happen rather than arrogantly and lazily dismissing those who made the choice as stupid/insane/racist/whatever. Your lofty assumption that the status quo that happens to suit you is sanity and all else is insanity is precisely the mindset that meant Clinton and her ilk didn't see this coming.
    Right. The crying wolf-thing, hugely overdone. After all, if Romney was, as we were assured, intending, among other horrors, to put all the darkies back in chains, how much worse could The Donald be.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Pic?

""Thought bubble: "I'm gonna be getting me some serious leftie pussy if this makes the news""
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Are you telling us that if Corbyn got elected you would look at it rationally and objectively and not demonstrate any emotion at all? Really? I'm dubious, Burney.

And I never said that anything other than the status quo was insane, I glibly suggested that voting for Trump was. That's rather different.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Are you telling us that if Corbyn got elected you would look at it rationally and objectively and not demonstrate any emotion at all? Really? I'm dubious, Burney.

And I never said that anything other than the status quo was insane, I glibly suggested that voting for Trump was. That's rather different.
    Well you're wrong, I'm afraid. I don't have to agree with something to understand or empathise with it or be rational about it. The reason I find Corbyn so hilarious is that he is so demonstrably the diametrically wrong answer to the problems currently facing the British political left. Equally, I find some of his policies and utterances ridiculous and even offensive. Nonetheless, I can still understand that he appeals to a vestigial purist leftism that never felt enturely comfortable with the compromises required to achieve electoral success under Blair and that (in addition to Labour's rock-bottom morale post the 2015 general election) is what got him elected. There you go: rational, objective analysis of something I don't agree with whatsoever.

In this election, Trump was the only meaningful alternative to the status quo that was available. Given which, there was nothing insane about voting for him.

This is the left for you...if the shoe was on the other foot we would accept the results and move forward but the social justice and feminist mob are an incredibly merciless and hateful bunch.

I say us...because we pretty much saw the same reactions from the pro Euro voters post Brexit...in a more tasteful British way rather than the crass US version

By the way...seems to be mostly you white people protesting...

Trump is not my president....my advice to Supreme Leader Donald...flag them all for deportation

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    ""Thought bubble: "I'm gonna be getting me some serious leftie pussy if this makes the news""
    3b1dbbee-5332-42f6-8204-34e12b9278dc-mediumoriginalaspectdouble.jpg

ddddfdfdfdfdd

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    This is the left for you...if the shoe was on the other foot we would accept the results and move forward but the social justice and feminist mob are an incredibly merciless and hateful bunch.

I say us...because we pretty much saw the same reactions from the pro Euro voters post Brexit...in a more tasteful British way rather than the crass US version

By the way...seems to be mostly you white people protesting...

Trump is not my president....my advice to Supreme Leader Donald...flag them all for deportation
    We know he's not 100% keen on Mexicans and Allans, t, but has he expressed his view on people of colour as yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    That's basically his Tinder profile imo.