Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Best Hendrix Song?

Best Hendrix Song?

Discuss with more than 10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Discuss with more than 10 characters.
    Still think it's probably his cover of All Along the Watchtower....it's just a good tune from start to finish with guitar embellishments that improve Dylan's no end, doesn't start strong then peter off into a load of noise blah blah...

Quote Originally Posted by dismalswamp View Post
    Still think it's probably his cover of All Along the Watchtower....it's just a good tune from start to finish with guitar embellishments that improve Dylan's no end, doesn't start strong then peter off into a load of noise blah blah...
    Can't count as a Hendrix Song though, surely. Even though I agree it's bloody good, but if it's the best thing he recorded it doesn't say much for his songwriting.

Crosstown Traffic was one of my faves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Can't count as a Hendrix Song though, surely. Even though I agree it's bloody good, but if it's the best thing he recorded it doesn't say much for his songwriting.

I currently like Little Wing I think the tone of the guitar is great. but it always feels like the song cuts off when it fades out. Unless there is a longer version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

What crap. Choose a legit Hendrix song. I would say his songwriting fit the purpose. He's the man.

Third Stone from the Sun, Manic Depression, Hey Joe, Voodoo Chile

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    What crap. Choose a legit Hendrix song. I would say his songs fit the purpose. He's the man.
    Badass as hell .

Little Wing is my favourite. Spanish Castle Magic a close second. Wind Cries Mary up there too

Hey Joe for me.