Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brexit out

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Sorry, they vote on what their constituents want and could end up rejecting bexit??? The vast majority of MP's would have to vote for it if that was the case looking at how the country shaped up in June
    I meant that it was possible that the distribution would have been such that the majority of MPs would have voted Remain.

But BGS's map shows that that is not the case. Shame really, it would have been such good fun watching Farage's head explode.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    well that's put the cat amongst the pigeons........
    Thank f*ck for that
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Thank f*ck for that
    As to B's point below, it only, in all likelihood, reinforces that Brexit will actually happen

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Thank f*ck for that
    I wouldn't get too excited if I were you, Euro-boy. We're still leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I am a bit thick, What happens now?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

That may be so but at least it will have to go through due process. After all, that is what they were elected for.

The alternative would be a Heil Theresa scenario
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am a bit thick, What happens now?
    Govt appeals, lawyers get lots of money, Govt loses appeal, goes to parliament where they all talk for as long as possible before it eventually gets voted through.. if it gets delayed enough it could be towards the end of next year due to french and german elections.

Problem is nobody knows what form this will taks "soft" or "hard" Brexit.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Govt appeals, lawyers get lots of money, Govt loses appeal, goes to parliament where they all talk for as long as possible before it eventually gets voted through.. if it gets delayed enough it could be towards the end of next year due to french and german elections.

Problem is nobody knows what form this will taks "soft" or "hard" Brexit.
    Isn't that the more likely scenario - MPs will try to influence the Government as to what line it should take in post Art 50 negotiations. As all have correctly pointed out it will be difficult for an MP not to vote the way his or her constituency voted but there is a world of difference between taking a hard position and a soft one. That particular distinction was never put to the electorate.

Or the Queen gives the ok, and then that is that. It's well known that the Royals hate the EU and everything it stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lar d'Arse View Post
    That particular distinction was never put to the electorate.
    I believe it was. The electorate was asked if they wanted to leave the EU. Not whether they wanted to pretend to leave the EU.