Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brexit out

Brexit out

well that's put the cat amongst the pigeons........

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Sterling is surging against all currencies, including the Rand. This is great news for my holiday and also petrol prices.

Makes me wonder whether this has always been the government's get out clause. The great unwashed are going to riot, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Sterling is surging against all currencies, including the Rand. This is great news for my holiday and also petrol prices.

Makes me wonder whether this has always been the government's get out clause. The great unwashed are going to riot, aren't they?
    Surging? it's gone up once pence against the Canadian dollar since yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Jesus, this will be a short term £ rally which won't last more than a week or 2, so will make bugger all difference to prices as lots of co's hedged their currency poistions until January before the Bexit vote, the incvrease in petrol prices and inflation is coming no matter what
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Don't think it will change much. I think you'll see a lot of abstaining from labour MPs if/when they come to vote on it.

Oh, if Parliament dares to vote against the democratically expressed will of the people this could get very f.ucking nasty. And rightly so.
    Mind you, the upside is that Labour opposing the triggering of A50 would basically render them unelectable through their non-London heartlands and destroy them politically. They're between a rock and a very, very hard place if it goes to a vote. I would expect mass abstentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, if Parliament dares to vote against the democratically expressed will of the people this could get very f.ucking nasty. And rightly so.
    Mind you, the upside is that Labour opposing the triggering of A50 would basically render them unelectable through their non-London heartlands and destroy them politically. They're between a rock and a very, very hard place if it goes to a vote. I would expect mass abstentions.
    But the MPs could very well vote based on what their constituents want and end up rejecting Brexit, despite the majority of the people voting for it. It will largely depend on the how the over 55 poplulation is distributed, as they are the ones that effectively caused Brexit.

This could really get rather interesting. Good thing my summer holiday is in the Dordogne next year.

Bob

If the Government lose the appeal to the Supreme Court, then Theresa May should call an immediate General Election and commit the Conservatives to implement the will of the British people if re-elected.

They will get a thumping majority, especially given that Labour remain unelectable.

UKIP candidates should not stand against any sitting MPs who commit to voting for Brexit in parliament. They should stand in seats held by any Labour, Lib Dems or Tory remainers like Ken Clarke who won't sign up to standing by Brexit.
    Last edited by Yesterday Once More; 11-03-2016 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    But the MPs could very well vote based on what their constituents want and end up rejecting Brexit, despite the majority of the people voting for it. It will largely depend on the how the over 55 poplulation is distributed, as they are the ones that effectively caused Brexit.

This could really get rather interesting. Good thing my summer holiday is in the Dordogne next year.
    Most constituencies voted leave.

No one gives a **** about Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Sorry, they vote on what their constituents want and could end up rejecting bexit??? The vast majority of MP's would have to vote for it if that was the case looking at how the country shaped up in June
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar