Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I know it’s curmudgeonly to point it out, but had Ozil passed up the chance to shoot

I know it’s curmudgeonly to point it out, but had Ozil passed up the chance to shoot

immediately after knocking the ball over the keeper, only to be tackled by one of the retreating defenders, he’d be getting absolutely caned today by all quarters.

I’m sure people tell me that’s just human nature, but it’s still fu*king retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    immediately after knocking the ball over the keeper, only to be tackled by one of the retreating defenders, he’d be getting absolutely caned today by all quarters.

I’m sure people tell me that’s just human nature, but it’s still fu*king retarded.
    No, sorry - you are not being curmudgeonly, you are just being a ****

by wishing to call people retarded for something they didn't say about something that didn't happen, it really is just you who is being retarded

Actually, I've just rewatched it and am going to little bit contradict myself by saying it's quite amazing that he decided not to shoot straight away. As the ball dropped it would have been an awkward hit but with his technique and an open goal 10 yards away, it was surely the more sensible option given the risk of being tackled by one of the two retreating defenders.

Ozil = ****er

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No, sorry - you are not being curmudgeonly, you are just being a ****

by wishing to call people retarded for something they didn't say about something that didn't happen, it really is just you who is being retarded
    See my following post. I've just watched it again and the moment the ball dropped out of the air he literally had an open goal about 15 yards away and could have passed it into the net. To risk being tackled by pulling the ball back was surely too big and he should have shot first time.

See my following post. I've just watched it again and the moment the ball dropped out of the air he literally had an open goal about 15 yards away and could have passed it into the net. To risk being tackled by pulling the ball back was surely too big and he should have shot first time.
    I was screaming for him to shoot (Wenger alluded to the fact that that's what he was thinking as well) but then just back watched him and just thought "Oh"

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I was screaming for him to shoot (Wenger alluded to the fact that that's what he was thinking as well) but then just back watched him and just thought "Oh"
    Yes, it all happened so quickly and obviously as soon as he scores you don't give a ****, but looking at the replay I think you have to question his judgement, whilst also admiring the skill.

Yes, it all happened so quickly and obviously as soon as he scores you don't give a ****, but looking at the replay I think you have to question his judgement, whilst also admiring the skill.
    Not really, he clearly decided that his way was the best way....he was right

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Not really, he clearly decided that his way was the best way....he was right
    No, the fact that it worked is not proof that it was the best way. He could have dribbled the ball back to the half way line and hoofed it 70 yards and still scored and this would not have been the best way. The best way was the one most likely to result in a goal - a simple sidefoot into an open goal from 15 yards was clearly the least risky option and therefore the best way.

No, the fact that it worked is not proof that it was the best way. He could have dribbled the ball back to the half way line and hoofed it 70 yards and still scored and this would not have been the best way. The best way was the one most likely to result in a goal - a simple sidefoot into an open goal from 15 yards was clearly the least risky option and therefore the best way.
    A bit like the deft lob he scored against Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    A bit like the deft lob he scored against Sunderland.
    Not really. The lob was clearly the best option on that occasion, but his execution let him down.