Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I watched that Bake off final last week.

I watched that Bake off final last week.

What's the fuss about this show?

The cakes looked **** and the people were horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What's the fuss about this show?

The cakes looked **** and the people were horrible.
    If someone had told us 30 years ago that one day the seemingly most popular thing on television, and indeed headline news story on occasions, would be a cake baking contest we wouldn't have believed it imo.
    Last edited by Ash; 11-01-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    If someone had told us 30 years ago that on day the seemingly most popular thing on television, and indeed headline news story on occasions, would be a cake baking contest we wouldn't have believed it imo.
    I flick through the channels sometimes and all that seems to be on is Top Gear and Police Interceptors.

But this bake off show I don't see the appeal I don't even like the judges. Masterchef I understand.

If someone had told us 30 years ago that on day the seemingly most popular thing on television, and indeed headline news story on occasions, would be a cake baking contest we wouldn't have believed it imo.
    Yeah, but 30 years ago, the Generation Game got 20 million-plus viewers and that involved members of the public doing things badly while Larry Grayson/Bruce Forsyth mocked them and remembering a conveyor belt full of old tat. I don't think things have changed that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah, but 30 years ago, the Generation Game got 20 million-plus viewers and that involved members of the public doing things badly while Larry Grayson/Bruce Forsyth mocked them and remembering a conveyor belt full of old tat. I don't think things have changed that much.
    I am not a fan of the modern gameshow though.
    There is one which is just a penny drop machine.

that, p, is an absolute disgrace of a quiz show. dull as ****.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

True. The only time I got to see that was when visiting the working-class grandparents. There was always a cuddly toy, and a food mixer. That and all the other appalling stuff that used to be in Saturday prime-time, and presumably still is. Apart from sport I doubt I've watched BBC1 or ITV on Saturday evening since the 1980s.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    that, p, is an absolute disgrace of a quiz show. dull as ****.
    all they do is answer a question then say DROP ZONE 4 please.
    it's always Drop Zone ****ing 4.

True. The only time I got to see that was when visiting the working-class grandparents. There was always a cuddly toy, and a food mixer. That and all the other appalling stuff that used to be in Saturday prime-time, and presumably still is. Apart from sport I doubt I've watched BBC1 or ITV on Saturday evening since the 1980s.
    It was usually up against something even worse on ITV. I remember in those days the telly would just be on regardless of whether what was on was worth watching or not. Saturday evenings were just a long, hard crawl over broken glass to the Grail of Match of the Day and maybe a late horror movie with boobies and gore in.

It was usually up against something even worse on ITV. I remember in those days the telly would just be on regardless of whether what was on was worth watching or not. Saturday evenings were just a long, hard crawl over broken glass to the Grail of Match of the Day and maybe a late horror movie with boobies and gore in.
    ITV Is a mighty fine organisation I will not have a bad word said about their programming.
    At least for one month,