Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honestly, I just don't know where to start with this it is so so so so wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yup. Drinking's legal, but your employer has the right to institute alcohol testing and sack you if you fail.
    I don't believe this to be true, unless the use of alcohol is in some way linked to the job the employee is being asked to perform i.e. he showed up drunk and could not do his job.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I don't believe this to be true, unless the use of alcohol is in some way linked to the job the employee is being asked to perform i.e. he showed up drunk and could not do his job.
    You could argue that the use of alcohol is likely to impair anyone's ability to do their job - any job.

Where I used to work made lunchtime drinking an offence.... 3 strikes and you were out.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Where I used to work made lunchtime drinking an offence.... 3 strikes and you were out.
    in my younger days working in the hotel bar and restaurant we'd be drinking every night.

An order for 'table 11' was a special order.

We were send out to buy stuff once for the bar. ended up in the pub for a few hours and I came back completely pissed. they just stuck me in the back office for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You could argue that the use of alcohol is likely to impair anyone's ability to do their job - any job.
    I strongly suspect that it improves most in the advertising world, to a point

I've just had 2 pints and have got more done this afternoon than I did this morning.......clearly, I'll have to check it all again in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I strongly suspect that it improves most in the advertising world, to a point

I've just had 2 pints and have got more done this afternoon than I did this morning.......clearly, I'll have to check it all again in the morning
    Actually some of my best work has come from being hungover.
    I think when you are in that state you mind shuts of unnecessary thinking and you get on with work.

I'm really disappointed in him....for apologizing. Anyone who gets offended over anything ever deserves to be.
    And they can **** Off!
    Religious dimwits have no place on this planet anymore. We need a wall!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    A contract that says you must not be under the influence of alcohol when performing your duties and a contract that says you are not allowed to drink alcohol at all are very different things. I think Burney meant that an employer could test you during working hours for an amount of alcohol deemed to be sufficient to prevent you from performing your duties. That is certainly true.

Quote Originally Posted by dismalswamp View Post
    I'm really disappointed in him....for apologizing. Anyone who gets offended over anything ever deserves to be.
    And they can **** Off!
    Religious dimwits have no place on this planet anymore. We need a wall!
    How's the telecaster coming along?

on so many levels.

Deep breaths, Burney, deep breaths.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gymnastics/37832754
    I think it's a good decision, honestly. But then I will soon be forming my own splinter Islamic sect so I may not be objective. Women will be required to wear full head-to-navel hijabs. Below the navel, just the panties.