Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Quite possibly the greatest ever quote about Shane MacGowan

Quite possibly the greatest ever quote about Shane MacGowan

"When he answered the door to me after having missed his flight to the United States to open for Bob Dylan, and there was blood pouring out of his mouth because he had eaten a Beach Boys record"

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    "When he answered the door to me after having missed his flight to the United States to open for Bob Dylan, and there was blood pouring out of his mouth because he had eaten a Beach Boys record"
    God Only Knows what he was trying to do there.

I once played at the George Robey (RIP) in Finsbury Park to nobody except a drum roadie, and yer man MacGowan blind drunk at the bar. I may have mentioned this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

I once played at the George Robey (RIP) in Finsbury Park to nobody except a drum roadie, and yer man MacGowan blind drunk at the bar. I may have mentioned this before.
    I see what you did there A
    I wish I hadn't but there you go.
    I assume he will mention your gig in his autobiography

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

That's an even better quote, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."