Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peak Snot.

Peak Snot.

I have a cold and am on day one of Peak Snot, which involves blowing my nose almost all day and much of the night. From memory this phase of misery lasts between two and five days before the transition to extreme tickly cough misery. Obviously I am hoping for nearer the two days, as beyond that the nose starts to get very sore and unhappy.

Do you get Peak Snot? If so, how long does it last.

3 days.

Though maybe I am unhealthy but colds and coughs seem worse as I get older. though that may be have been when I was smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I have a cold and am on day one of Peak Snot, which involves blowing my nose almost all day and much of the night. From memory this phase of misery lasts between two and five days before the transition to extreme tickly cough misery. Obviously I am hoping for nearer the two days, as beyond that the nose starts to get very sore and unhappy.

Two days, I reckon. Apparently it helps to rub vaseline into your hooter, stops it getting sore.

I find some MTFU helps.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    I find some MTFU helps.
    So do you not get heavy colds, Mr Superman? Or do you only respect a cold if you call it 'flu', which is, of course, something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Two days, I reckon. Apparently it helps to rub vaseline into your hooter, stops it getting sore.
    Do you ever suffer from tuning problems on your Gibson?
    i purchased a product called big bends nut lube. problem sorted.

So do you not get heavy colds, Mr Superman? Or do you only respect a cold if you call it 'flu', which is, of course, something else.
    I have a potentially fatal chest infection at the moment and am coughing up great globules of fluorescent phlegm (ah...takes me back) but have still spent most of the last 2 days outside. Each to their own though Mr Pansy

I have a potentially fatal chest infection at the moment and am coughing up great globules of fluorescent phlegm (ah...takes me back) but have still spent most of the last 2 days outside. Each to their own though Mr Pansy
    Infecting other people with a potentially fatal disease? Nice.

Infecting other people with a potentially fatal disease? Nice.
    I work alone thank god. The only beings at risk of infection are cows and sheep...
    And I may be exaggerating a tad when I say it's potentially fatal.

I work alone thank god. The only beings at risk of infection are cows and sheep...
    And I may be exaggerating a tad when I say it's potentially fatal.
    I wouldn't mind a bit of fresh air actually. I'm sitting here feeling under house arrest waiting for a hypothetical wine delivery.