Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Logburnerwimb - Looking to have one installed in my home which has no chimney.

Logburnerwimb - Looking to have one installed in my home which has no chimney.

I will supply all of the ingredients, at it were (burner, flue etc) but had a couple of questions and felt that an Arsenal message board was the best place to ask.

1. Rather than have the flue go up through the ceiling, the room above, the loft and then the roof, can I go out through an external wall and then up to roof height from there?

2. If so, does it require some sort of extractor fan to get the smoke flowing out horizontally rather than vertically?

3. Does the fitter need to be registered somewhere (due to CO issues)? If so, how much should I look to shell out for fitting only (remember that I will supply the parts)?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I will supply all of the ingredients, at it were (burner, flue etc) but had a couple of questions and felt that an Arsenal message board was the best place to ask.

1. Rather than have the flue go up through the ceiling, the room above, the loft and then the roof, can I go out through an external wall and then up to roof height from there?

2. If so, does it require some sort of extractor fan to get the smoke flowing out horizontally rather than vertically?

3. Does the fitter need to be registered somewhere (due to CO issues)? If so, how much should I look to shell out for fitting only (remember that I will supply the parts)?
    1. We did exactly this, and yes, it is possible, but you need a special sort of flue and it costs arms and legs.

2. No.

3. Yes, I would recommend having an expert do it. Costs will be what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    1. We did exactly this, and yes, it is possible, but you need a special sort of flue and it costs arms and legs.

2. No.

3. Yes, I would recommend having an expert do it. Costs will be what they are.
    Have you any further information on the special flue that you mention? I think I should be able to keep costs down by providing all the bits and just paying for the expert to do this thing.

agree with Sir C

The Co-operative wood company is a good choice to buy fuel from, you want dry, dry , dry wood so don't bother with logs (even kiln dried)
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Have you any further information on the special flue that you mention? I think I should be able to keep costs down by providing all the bits and just paying for the expert to do this thing.
    No, I have no further information about this special flue. Do I look like a fúcking heating engineer?

http://www.woodfuel.coop/contact-us.html
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Let me know what your quote is, I want to do exactly the same. I fear it's about 7-8k though, putting it out of reach for a while....

Quote Originally Posted by Red N White Army View Post
    Let me know what your quote is, I want to do exactly the same. I fear it's about 7-8k though, putting it out of reach for a while....
    You could huddle round this in the interim: £11.99 from Screwfix.