Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Theo should have had 4 or 5 today.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Oh yes, never thought he was going to miss
    It would have been funny if he'd skied that one, though, given that his technique was much more sensible a couple of weeks ago when he (correctly) struck over the ball and was deemed to have been lucky when it bounced in...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It would have been funny if he'd skied that one, though, given that his technique was much more sensible a couple of weeks ago when he (correctly) struck over the ball and was deemed to have been lucky when it bounced in...
    But what of aesthetics, ffs? A goal absolutely lashed on the volley into the top of the net from a tight angle, giving the keeper no chance is a thing of beauty and a joy forever, whereas a goal limply bounced in is a bit of a wet fart.

Sometimes soul must supersede mere technique or pragmatism. Mesut and I understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But what of aesthetics, ffs? A goal absolutely lashed on the volley into the top of the net from a tight angle, giving the keeper no chance is a thing of beauty and a joy forever, whereas a goal limply bounced in is a bit of a wet fart.

Sometimes soul must supersede mere technique or pragmatism. Mesut and I understand this.
    I quite agree. So did people like Johan Cruyff and Dennis Bergkamp.

I quite agree. So did people like Johan Cruyff and Dennis Bergkamp.
    Oh, yes. I am of course a complete hypocrite on this matter. Had he ****ed it and we'd gone on to drop points, I would have blamed him for not doing it more sensibly.

Btw, I was down Borough market yesterday and I noticed that that big cookshop ('Borough Kitchen, I think) stocks All-Clad pans if you want to add to your collection.

Oh, yes. I am of course a complete hypocrite on this matter. Had he ****ed it and we'd gone on to drop points, I would have blamed him for not doing it more sensibly.

Btw, I was down Borough market yesterday and I noticed that that big cookshop ('Borough Kitchen, I think) stocks All-Clad pans if you want to add to your collection.
    Ooh really? Thank you. Next time I'm feeling flush I may invest in the fúck off great pasta boiler/strainer thing.

Ooh really? Thank you. Next time I'm feeling flush I may invest in the fúck off great pasta boiler/strainer thing.
    Yes. A bit rich for my blood at the moment, I fear. In fact, I tried not to physically blench when I looked at the price.

This bad boy.

https://www.boroughkitchen.com/brand...-with-lid-24cm

Yes. A lovely thing. Mind you, I am somewhat confused as to how what is at the end of the day simply a cooking pot can cost as much as a smartphone or, indeed, a second-hand car.

Yes. A bit rich for my blood at the moment, I fear. In fact, I tried not to physically blench when I looked at the price.
    Yes, it is a bit of a deep breath job... on the other hand, consider the silly stuff we pay money for and think nothing of; a pan which you will use every day and that will last a lifetime is probablya bargain at £500.

I'm not rushing in there though, to be honest.

Yes, it is a bit of a deep breath job... on the other hand, consider the silly stuff we pay money for and think nothing of; a pan which you will use every day and that will last a lifetime is probablya bargain at £500.

I'm not rushing in there though, to be honest.
    Oh, I know. I was uttering exactly such justifications to my wife as she virtually frogmarched me out of there.