Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Theo should have had 4 or 5 today.

Theo should have had 4 or 5 today.

But I will take 2.

Not sure he will ever have it so easy to score a hat-trick for the Arsenal. But he was combative and sharp and scored two goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Not sure he will ever have it so easy to score a hat-trick for the Arsenal. But he was combative and sharp and scored two goals.
    He really should have scored 5. Our last no. 14 would have scored all 5 of those chances today. I would so love for him to have a day (or many days) when he gets it all right and does score 4 or 5 or more. Against the scum or any of our other rivals would be even better.

I think he should do more finishing practice. This new formation means he'll get more and more chances. Feo and Alexis seem to be swapping a false 9 role at times, and Ozil is playing this season as more of a Bergkamp and less of a Cesc. If Feo could up his conversion rate, he'd be sorted.

He was a little unlucky with the shot that hit the inside of the post and went across the goal-line but missed a couple of easy ones.

But he's had a good start, if he plays like this all season I won't complain and he could score 25+ goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    He was a little unlucky with the shot that hit the inside of the post and went across the goal-line but missed a couple of easy ones.

But he's had a good start, if he plays like this all season I won't complain and he could score 25+ goals.
    Agreed. I'll be happy if we get 3 points and 2 Feo goals every game. But it will still be annoying if he could, and should, have had 4 or 5.

The only miss that bugged me was the last one. Tons of net to shoot at and had some time too. But I do think we may well have yet to see the best of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    He really should have scored 5. Our last no. 14 would have scored all 5 of those chances today. I would so love for him to have a day (or many days) when he gets it all right and does score 4 or 5 or more. Against the scum or any of our other rivals would be even better.

I think he should do more finishing practice. This new formation means he'll get more and more chances. Feo and Alexis seem to be swapping a false 9 role at times, and Ozil is playing this season as more of a Bergkamp and less of a Cesc. If Feo could up his conversion rate, he'd be sorted.
    I'm not sure if you can teach or train Theo to be a more clinical finisher at this stage of his career. We have to be happy that he is starting to get into good goal scoring situations and be thankful that he is taking at least some of the chances he is presented with

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner Canuck View Post
    The only miss that bugged me was the last one. Tons of net to shoot at and had some time too. But I do think we may well have yet to see the best of him.
    1st one hits straight at keeper, every forward does that. 2nd one unlucky, inch further left and hits the post and goes in and the 3rd one, if you watch it bobbles up very slightly just as he makes contact. Another day he scores all 3 of those and messes up the other 2

The Ox must be a miffed though, should have had 2 assists

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    1st one hits straight at keeper, every forward does that. 2nd one unlucky, inch further left and hits the post and goes in and the 3rd one, if you watch it bobbles up very slightly just as he makes contact. Another day he scores all 3 of those and messes up the other 2

The Ox must be a miffed though, should have had 2 assists
    How easy did Ozil make his look, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How easy did Ozil make his look, though?
    Oh yes, never thought he was going to miss