Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's 33C and sunny here in the UAE, and life is good

It's 33C and sunny here in the UAE, and life is good

My mohito is quite exceptional, the Cowboys are 5-1, Arsenal are 2nd on goal difference only and the Guildford Gondoliers are top of the league.

Next up, lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    My mohito is quite exceptional, the Cowboys are 5-1, Arsenal are 2nd on goal difference only and the Guildford Gondoliers are top of the league.

Next up, lunch.
    It's 'mojito'.

Next up, lunch.
    Enjoying the local culture, stunning architecture and slave labour?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Enjoying the local culture, stunning architecture and slave labour?
    No, no and no. I'm eating great food, drinking great drink and doing sod all other than enjoying the sun and the heat.

All of which has more than made up for 7 hours in economy on the way here, Charles. It was unpleasant

Dubai?

I'm there again next week.

The GBP has been absolutely farked against the AED*. Beer about £15 a pint?

*and all other currencies.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

No, no and no. I'm eating great food, drinking great drink and doing sod all other than enjoying the sun and the heat.

All of which has more than made up for 7 hours in economy on the way here, Charles. It was unpleasant
    On a flight to Sri Lanka last year I noticed a couple whose children and nanny were despatched to sit down the back. This made sense to me.

I'm genuinely curious: what does one actually find to do in such a place? You can't spend the whole day eating and drinking and lounging around by the pool, surely? What is there to go and see and experience? Are there any landmarks, sites of cultural or historical interest? Is there local cuisine to be had, things to be seen or experience?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Dubai?

I'm there again next week.

The GBP has been absolutely farked against the AED*. Beer about £15 a pint?

*and all other currencies.
    Fujairah, about 2 hours east of Dubai. And while I generally loathe all inclusive packages, this place does it really well. Last night I had beef carpaccio to see start followed by a chicken dish with morels and foie gras. Quite sublime.

Tonight it will be a Thai/Asian restaurant that is equally good. UAE really does service and quality very well albeit while sacrificing history, culture and ethics on pretty much every level.

The food out there is generally farking great despite the lack of bacon.
    If your all inclusive, great. If not, expensive.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm genuinely curious: what does one actually find to do in such a place? You can't spend the whole day eating and drinking and lounging around by the pool, surely? What is there to go and see and experience? Are there any landmarks, sites of cultural or historical interest? Is there local cuisine to be had, things to be seen or experience?
    No, there is none of that, but you seem to miss the point, Burney. Holidays of this sort are about doing nothing and doing it very well. I did my activity holiday in Canada in August. This is about relaxation and luxury, and there's loads of it about.