Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
True. But either way it was always a decision which seemed to me to be very unclear, it could have gone either way as what is or is not, consent, is rather nebulous.

Given that, I was shocked at how vehement the condemnation of young Chad was given that an appeal process was underway and he seemed to have a very strong argument. It's almost as though some small-minded muppets quite liked the chance to jump up on their soapbox and come across all holier than thou.
I think it's more that he was one of the few high-profile(ish) footballers to actually be convicted of rape in this type of case, which meant he became the go-to case when people wanted to condemn the extremely dubious sexual attitudes and behaviours that appear to exist among some footballers.

Personally, I would be extremely wary of anyone who chooses to get on their high horse in his defence, since I suspect their agenda quite as much as I suspect the agendas of those who lined up to condemn someone who was, in fairness, a convicted rapist.