Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: If we let Santi go on a free this summer when he's said he wants a new contract, I'll

If we let Santi go on a free this summer when he's said he wants a new contract, I'll

go and support the Sperz instead.

I love Santi. He's the heart of our team atm. We need to keep him, and Ozil and Alexis and get Hector and Iwobi on long contracts, too.

Remember when Arsene kept signing DB10 for one year contracts. Give Santi a 3 year deal ffs Arsene.

I'm not sure Santi has more than two good seasons left in him. His fitness this year seems to be significantly down from last season. Maybe it's a passing phase.

I'd love him to stay though, but I think he needs to be used more judiciously and NOT as a defensive midfielder now we've got three others who can do that job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I'm not sure Santi has more than two good seasons left in him. His fitness this year seems to be significantly down from last season. Maybe it's a passing phase.

I'd love him to stay though, but I think he needs to be used more judiciously and NOT as a defensive midfielder now we've got three others who can do that job.
    When he went down injured last year we started losing. We weren't the same team. Paid Diaby for 19 years, surely Santi for one extra is merited.

I agree with this. Wonderful player but his clock is ticking.

If it's a passsing phase, it's passing with both feet.