Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This weekend, I made a massive steak and kidney pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I attended a hangi - not a hanging as Safari would like me to put.

http://www.newzealand.com/int/feature/maori-hangi/

Who could have thought New Zealand cuisine could taste so good. Cheap beer and rather too much vodka was had as well
    Hmmm. The downside, of course, would be the presence of New Zealanders - a people whose sole purpose on this earth appears to be to make Canadians look interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Isn't that 'tang' as you describe it basically the taste of wee-wee?
    Absolutely. And quite delicious it is, too. Who cares where a flavour comes from as long as it's good?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hmmm. The downside, of course, would be the presence of New Zealanders - a people whose sole purpose on this earth appears to be to make Canadians look interesting.
    There was rugby on so they were kept entertained. I was mostly with Irish people

Harsh imo. They are like acceptable versions of Australians, if one excuses the more extreme vowel-abuse.

Harsh imo. They are like acceptable versions of Australians, if one excuses the more extreme vowel-abuse.
    They are definitely better company as long as you can keep them off the subject of rugby. If only Neg was there on Saturday - I would liked him to take them to task over the All Blacks levels of energy and that little trouble the great Dan Carter had at the end of last week

I find them weirdly dour and fundamentally lacking in levity. They seem determined to take things seriously. Utter a witticism in front of a kiwi and they will look at you like a dog that's just been shown a card trick, pause politely and then carry on droning on earnestly. Hard fùcking work imo.

It was excellent and made me realise that there is no point to any beef stew or pie filling that does not contain kidney since such a thing can only ever be second rate.

My tip for those who do not like the texture of stewed kidney (of whom I am one), is to essentially reduce the kidney to a paste through repeated chopping and then add said paste to the mixture. This way you get the splendid flavour without the business of chewing your way through kidney.
    No, my people hate it too, so there's always lots more for *me*!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, my people hate it too, so there's always lots more for *me*!
    Ah. Foreigners, see? No idea, I'm afraid.