Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Donald has been stitched up by the media.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Never a better opportunity for "none of the above" #brewstersmillions
    Yup. Although I think we can now categorically state that the 'banter' defence does not work.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/A5496...8F_4yRbqDXwc8D

Quote Originally Posted by Brentwood View Post
    Speaking about a woman's tits, or describing how you shagged a woman. That's locker room talk. What he describes is a man using his power and fame to do what he wants to women, knowing they either won't object or that nobody will believe them when they do.
    Not to excuse Trump, but isn't this the sort of behaviour that Bill Clinton was famous for? And that Hillary was happy to excuse for the sake of her own prospects of power?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not to excuse Trump, but isn't this the sort of behaviour that Bill Clinton was famous for? And that Hillary was happy to excuse for the sake of her own prospects of power?
    Anecdotally, pretty much, yes. But a/ Bill Clinton isn't the candidate b/ I don't think anyone's got his misdemeanours on tape.

That's the claim, but can easily be dismissed as yet another conspiracy theory until someone actually has one of them admitting it. Also, he isn't the one up for election, his wife is

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Anecdotally, pretty much, yes. But a/ Bill Clinton isn't the candidate b/ I don't think anyone's got his misdemeanours on tape.
    They don't call him Slick Willy for nothing. One of the most stupid things about Trump's response is that his attack on Bill just implicated him further and gives credence to any allegation against him

I don't think she was happy to excuse it, I think Bill just lied to her about it and to some extent she played the supportive wife. I seem to recall stories of an unholy row when he finally had to say 'sorry, Hills, but that is actually my spunk stain on Monica's dress'.

Her being loyal while being lied to is not quite the same as Trump being an appalling cretin, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I don't think she was happy to excuse it, I think Bill just lied to her about it and to some extent she played the supportive wife. I seem to recall stories of an unholy row when he finally had to say 'sorry, Hills, but that is actually my spunk stain on Monica's dress'.

Her being loyal while being lied to is not quite the same as Trump being an appalling cretin, I think.
    Monica was just the tip of the iceberg, I reckon.

Increasingly it appears true that the Democrats chose the one candidate capable of losing to Donald Trump, while the Republicans chose the one candidate capable of not beating Hilary Clinton.
    Well put. America will be fine though.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Well put. America will be fine though.
    All in all, it seems to me like a good reason not to let the general public choose your candidates for you if you're a party.

All in all, it seems to me like a good reason not to let the general public choose your candidates for you if you're a party.
    You hit the nail on the head the other week; it simply doesn't matter anymore. Our democracies may well be past that stage.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."