Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To lighten the mood a little................

To lighten the mood a little................

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I hate the future. Especially now that it's arrived.

I can not see any benefit whatsoever to this invention.

You may think for a second it's good for someone with mobility issues, then you realise they will still need to go to the kettle once it's boiled. Plus it will need to be filled.

Years ago I saw a bloke on the tv put a couple of rashers of bacon on a george forman grill before he want to bed and it had a timer on the socket so he'd wake up to the smell of bacon It may not have been real.

I do like these lightbulbs you can get that you can operate with your phone however.
    I always wanted a clapper after seeing them on American telly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I hate the future. Especially now that it's arrived.
    They are advertising those Ring.com doorbells now over hear.
    I thought it was a good idea but it's a bit excessive imo.

If someone rings the doorbell and you are not there and they are delivering a parcel to be signed for what are you going to say?
    Sorry I am taking a **** right now I can't sign for it.

Plus the design of the bell is obvious so a burglar will recongnise it.

Also this motion sensor stuff is good but if you are in bed and your phone starts alerting you it's unsettling.

I prefer the idea of a security camera you could keep an eye on from your phone when you were on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I can not see any benefit whatsoever to this invention.

You may think for a second it's good for someone with mobility issues, then you realise they will still need to go to the kettle once it's boiled. Plus it will need to be filled.

Years ago I saw a bloke on the tv put a couple of rashers of bacon on a george forman grill before he want to bed and it had a timer on the socket so he'd wake up to the smell of bacon It may not have been real.

I do like these lightbulbs you can get that you can operate with your phone however.
    I always wanted a clapper after seeing them on American telly.
    Switch the kettle on when your 5 minutes away from home so you can make a brew on arrival.....but yes, it's *******s. Wi-fi heating I get but not fridges, kettles, etc

Switch the kettle on when your 5 minutes away from home so you can make a brew on arrival.....but yes, it's *******s. Wi-fi heating I get but not fridges, kettles, etc
    I read a thing about the wifi fridge. It senses when you take the milk out but don't return the empty bottle, so it orders you more milk.

I don't fúcking drink milk, Wánkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I read a thing about the wifi fridge. It senses when you take the milk out but don't return the empty bottle, so it orders you more milk.

I don't fúcking drink milk, Wánkers.
    Handy on a beer fridge though

For beer, not milk, that would be silly

I refuse to even use Wi-Fi heating. It only takes the flat a few minutes to warm up. Waste of energy having another device plugged in all day.

got cheapo IP cameras for when we go away.

More to keep an eye on the neighbour, I think, who comes in to feeds the cats.

make sure there is no ****ing into the Mrs' knicker drawer, etc
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I refuse to even use Wi-Fi heating. It only takes the flat a few minutes to warm up. Waste of energy having another device plugged in all day.
    My m-i-l refuses to use wifi at all because 'they monitor it'. I think she means GCHQ, although she spends most of her time reading Russia Today so it could be the CIA watching her, I suppose.