Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Of course, our parents were the last truly lucky generation.

Of course, our parents were the last truly lucky generation.

They got to enjoy real entertainers. Proper superstars who could sing a song, do a dance, tell a joke... Sammy Davis Jr and Bruce Forsyth and Des O'Connor.

We simply do not produce legends with talent like that any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They got to enjoy real entertainers. Proper superstars who could sing a song, do a dance, tell a joke... Sammy Davis Jr and Bruce Forsyth and Des O'Connor.

People dancing as a form of entertainment entirely baffles me. Somebody shuffles around on a stage for a few minutes and then expects a round of applause? Fùck off.

Sammy Davis Junior and Bruce Forsyth can suck my wood for half an hour (as a friend of mine used to say).

Once a month my auld fella would step into my bedroom when I was playing records and ask "bought any Jerry Vale records yet?"
    "He's better than Sinatra and Deano combined" ad infinitum
    Made his year when I finally brought one home.

We don't really need that sort of stars anymore, I suppose. Especially since they've let the cat out of the bag and we all know they're only in it for the money anyway, just like the rest of us.

There's already plenty of art about for us to enjoy for a very long time.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Once a month my auld fella would step into my bedroom when I was playing records and ask "bought any Jerry Vale records yet?"
    "He's better than Sinatra and Deano combined" ad infinitum
    Made his year when I finally brought one home.
    Never heard of him c. Was he as good as Matt Monro?

I very much doubt it.

And who can forget Norman Wisdom's heartbreaking, 'Don't Laugh At Me'? Stunning stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    People dancing as a form of entertainment entirely baffles me. Somebody shuffles around on a stage for a few minutes and then expects a round of applause? Fùck off.

Sammy Davis Junior and Bruce Forsyth can suck my wood for half an hour (as a friend of mine used to say).
    You don't say that when you're shovelling fivers into her g string.

Never heard of him c. Was he as good as Matt Monro?

I very much doubt it.

And who can forget Norman Wisdom's heartbreaking, 'Don't Laugh At Me'? Stunning stuff.
    He was fantastic tbf
    Sinatra ruined his career basically.Got him banned from performing in Vegas and the big NYC gigs.Jealous coont.

You don't say that when you're shovelling fivers into her g string.
    Oh, no. As a married man you get enough of that sort of thing at home.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Terrible examples. You want dancers? Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly. Those were the best hoofers ever.

****ing baby boomers!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'