Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Musicians, drugs, booze, dying young.

Quote Originally Posted by Lar d'Arse View Post
    Are you suggesting that if you liked young girls you'd be the Irish Elvis? JW
    I think Dickie Rock has that angle covered Lar

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    If I was American I would own a gun.

And we've all done pills.
    Yes, me too. I'm just pointing out the other side of things.

Actually, Elvis had quite a nasty side. He was forever trying to grass his fellow musicians up for using drugs - even going so far as to visit Nixon unannounced in the White House and ask for an FBI badge, so that he could do this officially. He also bullied his staff - sacking them on the spot if they failed to meet one of his whims.

Basically, he was a fully grown man whose fame and wealth allowed him to behave like a capricious child who'd throw tantrums if not allowed to do whatever he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You forgot Clarence Clemons, stolen from us far too young
    Prince Rogers Nelson, talented and thoroughly decent, little man

Well strictly speaking I would not have needed to given that Elvis was Irish.

One of the Presley's from Stranakelly in Wicklow.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irela...ment-1.2621274

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    I think Dickie Rock has that angle covered Lar
    Dickie Rock owned the field behind my house. There is now 300 houses going up in it.

Ergo Dickie Rock is a *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They're just ridiculous self-indulgent twáts, really. And we, silly bástards that we are, set them up as romantic figures and honour their memories.

Daft bástárds we are.

You may rest assured that The Good Ol' Boys will never lose a member to such juvenile nonsense.
    So long as they write the odd tune we can sing along to, there's no real harm done, imo. And alot of good.
    Last edited by redgunamo; 10-07-2016 at 02:52 PM.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Most frazzled I ever did be
    Smoked a Camberwell carrot jobbie one Saturday evening around 10:00pm.Told the glw I was leaving her to watch the fillum in the living room and I being the gentleman offered to watch MOTD in the kitchen.
    Settled down,MOTD music comes on so I reaches over and switch the tv off.Back into the living room and told the glw MOTD was over #busted
    Worst I ever was was after I'd bought a teenth off a mate for a trip down to London from Leeds. All he had was some slightly shítty slate, so to make up for the low quality, he threw in a nice blob of sticky black about the size of a pea. Anyway, we were heading back on the coach and I found the blob still in my pocket, so I necked it. The 4-hour coach journey seemed to take about 20 minutes and, when I got back to our house in Leeds, I got lost 100 yards from my own front door.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's the money talking, I think.
    Don't be reading page 2 mate.It's ****,worse the Save the no 6 page 66

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Prince Rogers Nelson, talented and thoroughly decent, little man
    Jehovah's Witness and a bit of an arse.

And I say that as one who loved his music.