Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yet again, I have been accused of being phenomenally middle class

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    That's the sort of name you find on American mafia type shows. Carmine is usually an associate.
    It's against family tradition and protocol but my mother named him for her best friend, Carmen.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's against family tradition and protocol but my mother named him for her best friend, Carmen.
    Why was your mother naming your children, r? That's not how it work, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, but they pronounce it 'Car-Mine' whereas I understand it's supposed to be pronounced 'Car-min-eh', which is a bit girly.
    Very girly indeed.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Ah Ash I was listening to some interesting history of unions in America, radio programme
    I find it fascinating the anti communism sentiment over there yet a large majority are pro unions. They go hand in hand.
    The Wire: Season 2: Essential viewing to see what Yanqui unions are all about imo

Why was your mother naming your children, r? That's not how it work, surely?
    Grandparents name the grandchildren, according to sex. So, for instance, my dad named my boys, my mother-in-law named the girls. Of course, you can twist the odd arm here or there or offer up a suggestion or two but that's the rule as it's written and understood.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Grandparents name the grandchildren, according to sex. So, for instance, my dad named my boys, my mother-in-law named the girls. Of course, you can twist the odd arm here or there or offer up a suggestion or two but that's the rule as it's written and understood.
    Rum business. Wouldn't do in my family.

Rum business. Wouldn't do in my family.
    Nobody cares what children are called really. Everyone knows hounds are far more important; I wouldn't let them name *mine*.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    For some reason there have been a number of Scotch raciing drivers of Italian extraction. eg: Dario Franchitti
    yeah right