Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well my Christmas Day is promising to be thoroughly ****. Me, the missus, the sprogs,

Well my Christmas Day is promising to be thoroughly ****. Me, the missus, the sprogs,

the missus’s grandfather who has early on-set dementia, lost his wife 4 months ago and was the world’s most boorish, self-important **** even when he was compos mentis.

And now throw into the mix my mother-in-law who is in the throws of her latest episode of psychotic paranoia and is currently accusing her daughter (my missus) of - among even more outlandish claims - breaking into her house and stealing jewellery.

All of us holed up in a rickety old farm house that hasn't been properly cleaned for about 20 years, eating supermarket food and pretending everything is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    the missus’s grandfather who has early on-set dementia, lost his wife 4 months ago and was the world’s most boorish, self-important **** even when he was compos mentis.

And now throw into the mix my mother-in-law who is in the throws of her latest episode of psychotic paranoia and is currently accusing her daughter (my missus) of - among even more outlandish claims - breaking into her house and stealing jewellery.

All of us holed up in a rickety old farm house that hasn't been properly cleaned for about 20 years, eating supermarket food and pretending everything is normal.

I think you should plead the Jewishness and say you can't attend for religious reasons.

If it's any consolation, my Christmas also involves a remote farmhouse and loads of inter-family turmoil. Whoop-de-fücking-doo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think you should plead the Jewishness and say you can't attend for religious reasons.

If it's any consolation, my Christmas also involves a remote farmhouse and loads of inter-family turmoil. Whoop-de-fücking-doo.
    It's f*cking jokes man. Literally the binary opposite of how I imagined Christmases being when I had kids, Jeff

Who hates each other in your family?

What's this farmhouse stuff. Are you Great Train Robbers?

It's f*cking jokes man. Literally the binary opposite of how I imagined Christmases being when I had kids, Jeff

Who hates each other in your family?
    Nobody hates each other. Just my sister (whose farmhouse it is has) three teenage daughters who are at daggers drawn with her at the moment. Their dad died a few years ago and the place reminds us all of him, which will be awkward - particularly as my sis is now shacked up with his best man (who will also be there). Add to this the fact that my wife and I will be there with my daughter and will be joined (albeit briefly) by my ex on Boxing Day and it doesn't promise to be exactly restful.

Ho-hum.

You're doing it wrong, that's why.

Concentrate on keeping the wife happy and just ignore every other ****.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Nobody hates each other. Just my sister (whose farmhouse it is has) three teenage daughters who are at daggers drawn with her at the moment. Their dad died a few years ago and the place reminds us all of him, which will be awkward - particularly as my sis is now shacked up with his best man (who will also be there). Add to this the fact that my wife and I will be there with my daughter and will be joined (albeit briefly) by my ex on Boxing Day and it doesn't promise to be exactly restful.

Ho-hum.
    Sometimes living in a different country to family is very nice indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Sometimes living in a different country to family is very nice indeed
    I can certainly see the attraction, yes.

Don't you think your wife needs to permanently bin her mum?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What's this farmhouse stuff. Are you Great Train Robbers?
    that's tickled me