Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Personally, I'm opposed to Cumpatch's presence in the list at all. The TV series is silly and not proper Holmes at all.

There. I've said it.
    It's good in its own way an interesting riff on the thing and you are right to a point. My view is that it became necessary to do so this way because it was impossible to match the Brett series.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Personally, I'm opposed to Cumpatch's presence in the list at all. The TV series is silly and not proper Holmes at all.

There. I've said it.
    I've never seen it. I know him from Tinker, Tailor though.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    It's good in its own way an interesting riff on the thing and you are right to a point. My view is that it became necessary to do so this way because it was impossible to match the Brett series.
    I actually thought twice about including him but the episode of Watson's wedding was classic Holmes imo

It's not making it contemporary that bothers me so much as the self-conscious, tricksy, clever-clever post-modernist bit that gets on my breasts. I had to switch the last one off it irritated me so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Lucky indeed, m. One of my favourites too, though never saw him on the stage
    Watched Brazil again the other day. He has a tiny role in that. Sort of like *insert name of rubbish Brazilian player here*.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I've never seen it. I know him from Tinker, Tailor though.
    He was good in that, but we both know that there's only one Peter Guillam and that's Michael Jayston.

What about Basil The Great Mouse Detective

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    1. Brett
    2.Rathbone
    3.Cumberland
    4.McKellen
    5.Downey Jr

As you can see this is a pleasing list.What is your favourite awimb?
    He was good, and a blindingly good Rat Vincent Price made too

Brett is the quintessential Holmes.

From the good ones you left out Cushing and Richardson.

If you like Ian Richardson, have you seen the Private Schultz TV series?