Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: So Kronke has "waived" his £3 million fee after suggestions it might be illegal

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    But that wasn't what you suggested he could do. You suggested he could simply take money from the club. And that isn't true.
    Yes he can take money of the business, in the form of a dividend. Dividends are in my experience of company law, approved at a board meeting. I don't suppose Kroenke would have too much trouble getting a dividend approved from a board he hand picks. You can nitpick over semantics if you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I know it hasn't been given which is precisely why the payment has stopped.
    How do you know it hasn't been given? Are you another Arsenal board member? As for your point about auditors, if this was an auditing issue the money would have to be returned, not just stopped for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    If Kroenke wants to take £3m out of a business he owns, what the hell has that got to do with the customers? It was probably more tax efficient than a dividend, which he equally has full rights to take.
    I'm not nitpicking over semantics, I'm using the semantics you chose in the quote above. You distinguished between 'take £3m out of a business' and declaring a dividend and said that he could do either. That isn't true. He can do the latter, not the former.

I'm bored with this now. G'night.

That would be stupid wouldn't it, it would destroy the business. Kroenke is a business man, not a football fan. He is going to treat it like a business. We may see it differently, but it doesn't alter the truth.
    But what if it didn't destroy the business? What if the best players in the world were going to china, and some owners started taking their clubs there too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    But what if it didn't destroy the business? What if the best players in the world were going to china, and some owners started taking their clubs there too?
    Galling as it may seem, what the **** could we do about it? Beside emigrating and developing a love of ****ing awful food.

Galling as it may seem, what the **** could we do about it? Beside emigrating and developing a love of ****ing awful food.
    A team could call itself Arsenal in China but it couldn't play in the English Premier League from China. So if Kronke starts a team in China and gives up part-owning a team in London I would still support Arsenal FC's successor club which would be formed five minutes after he'd gone, if not before.

Arsenal was here before Kronke and it will still be here when the worms have consumed his toupee.

Yes he can take money of the business, in the form of a dividend. Dividends are in my experience of company law, approved at a board meeting. I don't suppose Kroenke would have too much trouble getting a dividend approved from a board he hand picks. You can nitpick over semantics if you choose.
    If the board declares a dividend then all shareholders, including Mr Usmanov, will have to be paid it. Perhaps what Kronke has tried to do is circumvent that. He's been told to stop or he'll be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    If the board declares a dividend then all shareholders, including Mr Usmanov, will have to be paid it. Perhaps what Kronke has tried to do is circumvent that. He's been told to stop or he'll be in trouble.
    Told by whom? I think you've confused the words guess and know.

Told by whom? I think you've confused the words guess and know.
    Actions speak louder than words.