Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So Kronke has "waived" his £3 million fee after suggestions it might be illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well in that case I suppose the other shareholders would ask such a question. Thick lads like you, with zero insight into the internal affairs of the club, might make better use of your time trying to see up a young girl's skirt.

In short, it's fúck all to do with us.
    Well, what it has to do with us is that not only do we have an emotional investment in the company that paid the money, we also put money into that company when we buy tickets to see matches. And as a result we'd like to know that the company is run sensibly and legally.

And because of all that, someone posted something about it on an internet board devoted to that company.

If I'm honest, Charles, I'm struggling to see what anyone has done wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well, what it has to do with us is that not only do we have an emotional investment in the company that paid the money, we also put money into that company when we buy tickets to see matches. And as a result we'd like to know that the company is run sensibly and legally.

And because of all that, someone posted something about it on an internet board devoted to that company.

Look, if some know-nothing halfwit on the internet started questioning an invoice paid by MY business and, indeed, making gross insinuations regarding the legality of my business dealings, I would tell them, in no short order, to do one. I'm not sure why Kroenke should be subkected the the rantings of the lunatic fringe without someone introducing a note of reason and fairness.

Look, if some know-nothing halfwit on the internet started questioning an invoice paid by MY business and, indeed, making gross insinuations regarding the legality of my business dealings, I would tell them, in no short order, to do one. I'm not sure why Kroenke should be subkected the the rantings of the lunatic fringe without someone introducing a note of reason and fairness.
    When someone introduces a note of reason and fairness please let us know... now calm down
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    When someone introduces a note of reason and fairness please let us know... now calm down
    Sorry, I'm a bit busy to reply, I'm just all over the internet posting about the rumours that you have been involved with certain illegal activities involving people trafficking and drug smuggling. I mean, they're only suggestions at the moment, and they come from people who don't know anything about your white slave trading activities, but still, I think it well worth while passing them on and encouraging idle speculation and and damage to your reutation. Because after all, that sort of thing is fine now, isn't it?

You're paying money for 90 minutes entertainment on a Saturday afternoon.You're not investing in the club

Sorry, I'm a bit busy to reply, I'm just all over the internet posting about the rumours that you have been involved with certain illegal activities involving people trafficking and drug smuggling. I mean, they're only suggestions at the moment, and they come from people who don't know anything about your white slave trading activities, but still, I think it well worth while passing them on and encouraging idle speculation and and damage to your reutation. Because after all, that sort of thing is fine now, isn't it?
    I do believe you are going stark raving mad... talk about AWIMB going off on a tangent. I don't believe I have started any rumours and have questioned what the £3m was paid for.. the same questions shareholders were asking and didn't get any sort of reasonable response.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    You're paying money for 90 minutes entertainment on a Saturday afternoon.You're not investing in the club
    I didn't say I was investing in the club, I said we put money into the club. By that I mean the club's entire business model is dependent on people going to see matches, buying merchandise etc etc. And the people that do that are aware of how important they are to the club, and quite right too.

Hence it makes perfect sense that someone might comment on it on an internet board devoted to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I do believe you are going stark raving mad... talk about AWIMB going off on a tangent. I don't believe I have started any rumours and have questioned what the £3m was paid for.. the same questions shareholders were asking and didn't get any sort of reasonable response.
    It's all very well being sorry now, but you really shouldn't need to be told these things at your age.

I didn't say I was investing in the club, I said we put money into the club. By that I mean the club's entire business model is dependent on people going to see matches, buying merchandise etc etc. And the people that do that are aware of how important they are to the club, and quite right too.

Hence it makes perfect sense that someone might comment on it on an internet board devoted to the club.
    I'd say the gate receipts (our money) is a piddly fraction of the club's income.It's like paying into a Speilberg movie and demanding to know the finances of Amblin Group

I think matchday income is about a third of our total revenue.

Edit: of the Club's total revenue, I meant.