Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So Kronke has "waived" his £3 million fee after suggestions it might be illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Lar d'Arse View Post
    I think matchday income is about a third of our total revenue.

Edit: of the Club's total revenue, I meant.
    Really? Thought it would be nowhere near that.
    Matchday brings in what? 60 thousand paying 50 a head roughly?
    3 million
    Take away cost of plod/stewards/shop staff/bar staff/electricity and what are you left with?
    Not a whole load I would guess

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    I'd say the gate receipts (our money) is a piddly fraction of the club's income.It's like paying into a Speilberg movie and demanding to know the finances of Amblin Group
    People don't follow corporations that make movies in the same way that football supporters follow a club, Curly. I expect you know this. The supporters contribute to the club not only through gate receipts and merchandise, but also by watching the matches on television. Do you think BT Sport and Sky would have paid billions of pounds to broadcast matches if no one watched them?

The short answer is that Arsenal Football Club does not exist without the supporters and in addition to providing the club with the income it needs, those supporters have an enormous emotional commitment to the club. Therefore it is perfectly sensible and normal for the supporters to have an interest in and be concerned about the financial situation of the club.

So yes, it is our concern.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    People don't follow corporations that make movies in the same way that football supporters follow a club, Curly. I expect you know this. The supporters contribute to the club not only through gate receipts and merchandise, but also by watching the matches on television. Do you think BT Sport and Sky would have paid billions of pounds to broadcast matches if no one watched them?

The short answer is that Arsenal Football Club does not exist without the supporters and in addition to providing the club with the income it needs, those supporters have an enormous emotional commitment to the club. Therefore it is perfectly sensible and normal for the supporters to have an interest in and be concerned about the financial situation of the club.

So yes, it is our concern.
    Oh I agree with most of that BUT yes,you may have concern,yes you may have an interest but any rights in the matter? Don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's all very well being sorry now, but you really shouldn't need to be told these things at your age.
    You seem to be reading words that i haven't typed... you'll be talking to yourself next
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Really? Thought it would be nowhere near that.
    Matchday brings in what? 60 thousand paying 50 a head roughly?
    3 million
    Take away cost of plod/stewards/shop staff/bar staff/electricity and what are you left with?
    Not a whole load I would guess
    1st club to break £100m from matchday revenue, it's all them shiny boxes

Oh I agree with most of that BUT yes,you may have concern,yes you may have an interest but any rights in the matter? Don't think so.
    Oh I agree, we have no rights at all. But that is a different argument.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    1st club to break £100m from matchday revenue, it's all them shiny boxes
    Yeah, so roughly 3-4 million a game.As I say,after matchday expense it doesn't leave a hell of a lot.Certainly not enough to top up wages or transfers

Do you have any idea what matchday expenses are per game? I don't have a rashers.

But one of the main reasons for moving from Highbury was so we could benefit from significant additional revenue. With 22,000 extra bums on seats it has to make a big enough difference and when 7,000 of the total are paying club level/premium prices the difference is even bigger!

I think we turn over more than anyone else in England bar Man Utd. Citeh and ourselves are pretty close but that's only because of their exceptionally dodgy stadium/shirt sponsorship deals etc. We turn over a lot more than Chelsea and Liverpool and a hell of a lot more than tottnumb.

We are however pretty **** at merchandising and sponsorship from what I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lar d'Arse View Post
    Do you have any idea what matchday expenses are per game? I don't have a rashers.

But one of the main reasons for moving from Highbury was so we could benefit from significant additional revenue. With 22,000 extra bums on seats it has to make a big enough difference and when 7,000 of the total are paying club level/premium prices the difference is even bigger!

I think we turn over more than anyone else in England bar Man Utd. Citeh and ourselves are pretty close but that's only because of their exceptionally dodgy stadium/shirt sponsorship deals etc. We turn over a lot more than Chelsea and Liverpool and a hell of a lot more than tottnumb.

We are however pretty **** at merchandising and sponsorship from what I recall.
    Prior to the 2014 renewal of sponsorship deals, and obviously the big new TV deals, Arsenal were highly dependent on matchday income as a percentage of overall revenues. To dismiss the punters as irrelevant to the club's fortunes would be erroneous. They don't need us as much now, of course, but it all helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well, I'd always defend the right of a business to pay an agreed amount to another business for an agreed service. I'm not convinced that's particularly radical thinking.

How is business done on your planet, m?
    In my planet payment for a service which hasn't been given is called "fraud". Yours?