Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football things that you find incredibly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Especially as anyone with an ounce of smarts can find a 3pm live stream
    Exactly. I'd even be willing to pay extra to watch those games. Maybe part of that revenue can be distributed into the lower leagues. I really do not feel it would have any effect on attendances. Plus these days all games are filmed the people are already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Exactly. I'd even be willing to pay extra to watch those games. Maybe part of that revenue can be distributed into the lower leagues. I really do not feel it would have any effect on attendances. Plus these days all games are filmed the people are already there.
    McManaman's creaky little high-pitched voice. Ian Darke good, Steve McManaman not good. Also how cool a name is Darke.

I suppose the only losers are the television companies who actually own the "exclusive" rights. And maybe they don't really care as they can offset the loss against the fact that even more viewers get to see the advertising they're getting paid for. Like product placement in movies.

I believe Youtube livestreams the odd game nowadays, doesn't it. That's the start.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The 2 week international break
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Not boring persee, but things that annoy me in Football

The rule where a player gets booked for removing his shirt after scoring an important goal, going into the crowd etc.

The fuss about players changing shirts with opponents

How modern stadia haven't figured out how to serve food and drink quickly at half time (e.g. ban cash, make the season ticket card like a contactless Oyster)

Home made placards held by adults at games

Quote Originally Posted by Brentwood View Post
    Not boring persee, but things that annoy me in Football

The rule where a player gets booked for removing his shirt after scoring an important goal, going into the crowd etc.

The fuss about players changing shirts with opponents

How modern stadia haven't figured out how to serve food and drink quickly at half time (e.g. ban cash, make the season ticket card like a contactless Oyster)

Home made placards held by adults at games
    Ah, have we done the whole 'watching the match through a mobile phone' thing?

Dunno about banning cash. They should certainly hire people who know what the word "beer" means though. We should all probably boycott the catering really. The club get no money for it, and if Delaware got no money for it they might walk away from their cosy 1,000 year contract and we can start again. Preferably with a caterer who hires peope who know what the word "beer" means.

doing an all time best arsenal starting XI

What's the point?
    Throw ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Awimb View Post
    Throw ins.
    People laughing at the referee using foam to mark the position for free kicks despite it being a perfectly sensible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ah, have we done the whole 'watching the match through a mobile phone' thing?

Dunno about banning cash. They should certainly hire people who know what the word "beer" means though. We should all probably boycott the catering really. The club get no money for it, and if Delaware got no money for it they might walk away from their cosy 1,000 year contract and we can start again. Preferably with a caterer who hires peope who know what the word "beer" means.
    We don't get any money from it? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Awimb View Post
    Throw ins.
    Players claiming throw-ins when they clearly touch it last....ditto goal kicks/corners*

*This is more of a bugbear than boring