Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The BBC's Pick You Greatest Arsene XI

The BBC's Pick You Greatest Arsene XI

I ended up picking most of the invincibles i.e. Lehmann, Lauren, Sol, Adams, Silvinho (who I just loved), Freddie, Parlour, Vieira, Pires, Bergkamp and Henry.

Everyone's will be more or less along those lines so how about this - What's your Bestest-Shi*ttest Arsene XI

Got to be some real gems in here!! Here's mine:

Rami Shabaan starts in goal...his best position

Justin Hoyte at right back
    Nelson Vivas at right centre half
    Oleg Luzhny at left centre half
    Juan at left back

Luis Boa Morte on the right
    Denislon aka the Brazilian David Batty in midfield
    Grimandi (C)
    Alberto Mendex on the left

Yaya Sanogo and Kaba Diawara the two strikers

I think this qualifies as one of the bestest shi*ttest Arsene sides of all time imo

Personally think Wenger never gave the Vivas-Oleg centrehalf axis much chance imo...played them 1 game there and we won 4-2 vs Sparta Prague.

by the way...to this day...even with some of the horrific misses our strikers have done (Germissio vs Bradford being the stuff of nightmares) Kaba Diawara was perhaps the most unluckiest and most costliest for us.

Jesus fkin Christ...he did everything but score for us...it was incredible.

Think on that faithful night at Ellend Road when we more or less lost the Championship he hit the bar at a very crucial stage too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I ended up picking most of the invincibles i.e. Lehmann, Lauren, Sol, Adams, Silvinho (who I just loved), Freddie, Parlour, Vieira, Pires, Bergkamp and Henry.

Everyone's will be more or less along those lines so how about this - What's your Bestest-Shi*ttest Arsene XI

Juan at left back

Grimandi (C)

I think this qualifies as one of the bestest shi*ttest Arsene sides of all time imo

Personally think Wenger never gave the Vivas-Oleg centrehalf axis much chance imo...played them 1 game there and we won 4-2 vs Sparta Prague.
    Ridicules to have an Arsene worst XI and not have Stepanovs at centre half imo. And that other fella who arrived with Kos was crap, too. French chap.

It's the Bestest-Shi*ttest bit the Worsest-Shi*ttest imo

Squillaci? **** wasn't he?

Senderos, Djourou, Cygan, Tavlaridis, similarly ****.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Juan at left back

Grimandi (C)

I can't believe you left Park Chu-Young out.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    That was a bloody odd one, wasn't it? I'd love to know what happened there? It's as if the Tesco man delivered players and they hadn't had the one we wanted in stock and they offered a crap replacement and someone signed it off without checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That was a bloody odd one, wasn't it? I'd love to know what happened there? It's as if the Tesco man delivered players and they hadn't had the one we wanted in stock and they offered a crap replacement and someone signed it off without checking.
    :corruption:
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Well to be fair we never saw enough of him to know if he was **** or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think AW bought him just for the League Cup as he played more in that than anything else during his time with us He scored a good goal too iirc.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.