Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I do think it is odd that the spokesman for the National Forum is called

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's just "Thomas", ain't it.
    Yes. It's 'Tom', but with a silly accent. When did we start spelling names wrong just because people choose to have a regional accent?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The corrrect number of eggs is indeed two. Three eggs is a bit kinky but I can see the attraction.
    Three eggs is the coirrect number for an omelette or for scrambled eggs, let us not forget that. But boiled, fried or poached, two shall be the number to which thou shalt count.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Three eggs is the coirrect number for an omelette or for scrambled eggs, let us not forget that. But boiled, fried or poached, two shall be the number to which thou shalt count.
    Let's be honest, though, the white of any egg is essentially pointless. Some yolk must always be retained in order to make the white palatable. There is nothing worse when eating a boiled egg to finish off the yolk and find yourself with just egg white remaining. That is a joyless experience and is why the double-yolked egg is the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How many eggs a man eats is between him, his god and his colon. Personally, I always find two eggs too much with a fry up and one too few. The ideal for me would be a double-yolker.
    Nonsense. This is a matter of etiquette. You might as well contend that a man may leave his hat on indoors. Certainly he may choose so to do, but he will, rightfully, attract the scorn of his peers. So be it with eggs.

Let's be honest, though, the white of any egg is essentially pointless. Some yolk must always be retained in order to make the white palatable. There is nothing worse when eating a boiled egg to finish off the yolk and find yourself with just egg white remaining. That is a joyless experience and is why the double-yolked egg is the way forward.
    Are you quite well?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are you quite well?
    Perfectly. I simply have very definite ideas about eggs.

This is what the sophisticated gentleman about town orders from his grocer when it comes to eggs. Anything else is folly.

25676C4700000578-0-image-a-29_1423258757947.jpg

Yes. It's 'Tom', but with a silly accent. When did we start spelling names wrong just because people choose to have a regional accent?
    Everyone always has done, imo. Depending on where I happen to be, I myself am Jody or Seph or Jost or Sepp or Jupp or Joe or Yussuf or Pepp or Josh or Jack and so on. You see them all written down.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Everyone always has done, imo. Depending on where I happen to be, I myself am Jody or Seph or Jost or Sepp or Jupp or Joe or Yussuf or Pepp or Josh or Jack and so on. You see them all written down.
    Your multiple passports and cover stories don't count.

Someone on here went through a phase of throwing away the yolks and just eating egg-white, possibly as part of some narcissistic body-building programme.

I once had a box of eggs where three or four in a row were double-yolked. I felt like I'd won the lottery. Surely there's a way of genetically engineering them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The corrrect number of eggs is indeed two. Three eggs is a bit kinky but I can see the attraction.
    Message reported to Curly. He believes the correct number of eggs is 0 iirc.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.