Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roy Keane is quite the sophisticated thinker, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think it is seen as most prestigious by the current assortment of English managers as almost every one of them will never see employment at one of the elite clubs – well apart from Eddie Howe who is coming to us.

As supporters of the game it is naïve for us to try and dilute the importance of international football for the professionals as it is still seen in most cases as being over and above club participation.
    There's got to be strong doubts about that amongst England's top players though? I do understand the commercial rewards for wearing the Three Lions is lavish.

I agree about the current crop of English managers though.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It is my dearest wish that he wins the league this season, then stands on the balcony of Islington town hall flicking vs at the gathered massive and walks away. Still flicking vs. And shouting 'fúck you all'.
    I would prefer him to whip his hampton out and take a piss on the assembled mouth-breathers before doing as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I would prefer him to whip his hampton out and take a piss on the assembled mouth-breathers before doing as you say.
    No chance! These people ensure He gets His eight million a-year and that the club rakes in more than any other football club in the world.

He *is* an economist, after all.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    There's got to be strong doubts about that amongst England's top players though? I do understand the commercial rewards for wearing the Three Lions is lavish.

I agree about the current crop of English managers though.
    Dunno, who are England’s top players???

Take our very own little Jackie Wilshere, sure was the reason he stamped his feet and asked to be loaned out not reported as being largely influenced by his omission from the England squad??

Move away from England but remain within your so called British Isles, the top player on a global stage is Gareth Bale who just so happens to be employed by the biggest club in world football. Witness his national pride and enthusiasm for the red dragon at all times during the Euros.

Cross the rough waters of the Irish Sea and our very own gun toting traveller Robbie Keane has recently stated that in all times of his career the wearing of the green Irish shirt was the most important thing. Not that I would believe him.

Fans, or some fans, don’t like it as we see it getting in the way of the real thing.

Professional players love a bit of it.

See also Ronaldo at the Euros .. Neymar at the Olympics.
    Last edited by SWv2; 09-30-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Dunno, who are England’s top players???

Take our very own little Jackie Wilshere, sure was the reason he stamped his feet and asked to be loaned out not reported as being largely influenced by his omission from the England squad??

Move away from England but remain within your so called British Isles, the top players on a global stage is Gareth Bale who just so happens to be employed by the biggest club in world football. Witness his national pride and enthusiasm for the red dragon at all times during the Euros.

Cross the rough waters of the Irish Sea and our very own gun toting traveller Robbie Keane has recently stated that in all times of his career the wearing of the green Irish shirt was the most important thing. Not that I would believe him.

Fans, or some fans, don’t like it as we see it getting in the way of the real thing.

Professional players love a bit of it.

See also Ronaldo at the Euros .. Neymar at the Olympics.
    Jackie's issues were linked more closely to his omission from the Arsenal team, rather than the England squad, imo. I agree about all the others but England is different.

If we were brilliant it would be quite different again, of course.
    Last edited by redgunamo; 09-30-2016 at 10:15 AM.