Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roy Keane is quite the sophisticated thinker, isn't he?

Roy Keane is quite the sophisticated thinker, isn't he?

"Tonight was a lovely game for Arsenal, when they're in that form they're great to watch. They could've score seven, eight, nine goals easily: a joy to watch.

"But the crunch games are coming up for them over the next few months, when the cold nights come in and we'll see half the Arsenal players with their gloves on."

Gloves. For. Fúck's. Sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "Tonight was a lovely game for Arsenal, when they're in that form they're great to watch. They could've score seven, eight, nine goals easily: a joy to watch.

"But the crunch games are coming up for them over the next few months, when the cold nights come in and we'll see half the Arsenal players with their gloves on."

People moaning about players wearing gloves is one of my biggest bugbears. Look at this pussy

Did you by any chance see the Premier League show or whatever it's called? They did a 20 years of AW special with ex-players, Amy Lawrence and Piers Morgan round the table. It was interesting if for nothing else but the outright withering contempt that Ian Wright, John Hartson and Martin Keown clearly displayed for that odious **** Morgan's anti-AW views. At one point I thought (hoped) that Martin Keown was going to lose his rag and simply rip his head off.

The regard that all the players - a couple of whom have no great reason to love him - clearly hold for Wenger was striking, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Brentwood View Post
    People moaning about players wearing gloves is one of my biggest bugbears. Look at this pussy

Winning the title simplifies everything; you can do anything you want then. Even fill up the internets with post-match selfies.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Did you by any chance see the Premier League show or whatever it's called? They did a 20 years of AW special with ex-players, Amy Lawrence and Piers Morgan round the table. It was interesting if for nothing else but the outright withering contempt that Ian Wright, John Hartson and Martin Keown clearly displayed for that odious **** Morgan's anti-AW views. At one point I thought (hoped) that Martin Keown was going to lose his rag and simply rip his head off.

The regard that all the players - a couple of whom have no great reason to love him - clearly hold for Wenger was striking, actually.
    I saw a brief clip of that, possibly at that moment where Keown was debating whether to defenestrate the cóckslime Morgan

Mind you, why anyone would be interested in what he has to say on the matter of Wenger (or, indeed, anything else) is a mystery.

I've got this suspicion that Southgate is going to be left in charge of England until May and then Wenger will take it on.

I saw a brief clip of that, possibly at that moment where Keown was debating whether to defenestrate the cóckslime Morgan

Mind you, why anyone would be interested in what he has to say on the matter of Wenger (or, indeed, anything else) is a mystery.

I've got this suspicion that Southgate is going to be left in charge of England until May and then Wenger will take it on.
    Keown made the excellent point that - whatever you think about AW - it's undeniable that he arrived at a domestically significant club and will leave behind an internationally significant one.

Re: England, why would he do it, though? Why would he let himself in for that sort of grief and why would he want a role where he can't micro-manage?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Keown made the excellent point that - whatever you think about AW - it's undeniable that he arrived at a domestically significant club and will leave behind an internationally significant one.

Re: England, why would he do it, though? Why would he let himself in for that sort of grief and why would he want a role where he can't micro-manage?
    It may be a matter of ego. 20 years in this country and, in the main, he is treateed reasonably shoddily by the press and the public in general. Becoming England manager would be the ultimate

As for the grief, that would only come with failure, and he doesn't contemplate failure.

I think Arsene would have to officially be declared senile if he took that on. He cannot have failed to notice the fate that befalls *all* England managers, surely? Not to mention having to manage a team comprised only of pigdogs, whose development as players he has no control over.

I suspect he is teasing the FA and meeja to get them to be nice to him. Very shrood, if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Brentwood View Post

And how does this lad think he will amount to anything if he wears gloves ffs Mess-in-gloves.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I think Arsene would have to officially be declared senile if he took that on. He cannot have failed to notice the fate that befalls *all* England managers, surely? Not to mention having to manage a team comprised only of pigdogs, whose development as players he has no control over.

I suspect he is teasing the FA and meeja to get them to be nice to him. Very shrood, if so.
    I sincerely hope you're right.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."