Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't know how it's happened but we're not that far off are we?

I think Gabriel is, or can be, a decent enough no. 3 or no. 4 but Mustafi seems like different class to him. A football agent who's a friend of mine maintains he is a huge signing. Tbf he also thinks Lucas isn't good enough for the Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I think Gabriel is, or can be, a decent enough no. 3 or no. 4 but Mustafi seems like different class to him. A football agent who's a friend of mine maintains he is a huge signing. Tbf he also thinks Lucas isn't good enough for the Arsenal.
    To be fair, you don't need an agent to tell you that. A ten year-old son with a laptop and PES works just as well, scouting-wise.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Very wise words R, as indeed I have come to expect.

Now if Pokster had written all that invariably references would have been made to chips and pish.
    Thank you. Are you trying to get in my knickers?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    To be fair, you don't need an agent to tell you that. A ten year-old son with a laptop and PES works just as well, scouting-wise.
    Well he knows his stuff. He was also responding to my statement that we'd been done on Mustafi through dithering and could have got him for £10 million less.

You have to love the general sense of euphoria brought on by a series of good performances and results.

Sure only last month we were ****e and a shambles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You have to love the general sense of euphoria brought on by a series of good performances and results.

Sure only last month we were ****e and a shambles etc.
    It's a funny old game, SW.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Our cringingly poor defensive performance in the 3-4 loss to Liverpool was possibly the best defeat we've ever had.
    3-1 at home to Blackburn springs to mind in that category, m

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    It's a funny old game, SW.
    Indeed it is for this very reason that I refuse to get carried away.

That and an obvious inner sense of suave coolness.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    3-1 at home to Blackburn springs to mind in that category, m
    Great shout. I was there. Terrible seens.

That was attitude. However the Liverpool defeat was instrumental in getting us Mustafi. If we'd blundered onto a draw there methinks Mustafi might not have come.

Great shout. I was there. Terrible seens.

That was attitude. However the Liverpool defeat was instrumental in getting us Mustafi. If we'd blundered onto a draw there methinks Mustafi might not have come.
    Well we finished second last season so I think there were quite a few supporters who felt we were only a few players away. Problem was that we've had that feeling before over the past 10 years or so and those opportunities slipped away so there was a sense of deja vu. This was exacerbated by the fact that many people thought the players were a striker (very hard to find), a DM (Wenger seemed to not want to spend money on the position and as he had just bought Elneny would he really buy another?) and a CB (see DM and replace Elneny with Gabriel).

However with Xhaka and Mustafi both looking like very good buys and Sanchez playing well up front, our issues look like they have resolutions. Hence the optimism. Well done, Arsene.