Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't know how it's happened but we're not that far off are we?

I don't know how it's happened but we're not that far off are we?

We still don't have a 30 goal a year guy (how many of those are there?) but suddenly our defence looks stronger and more competitive, our midfield is not just creative but wins balls and our forwards are getting goals and also harrying the opposing defences.

Seems to me maybe some of it was attitude. Why on earth it should have changed suddenly, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    We still don't have a 30 goal a year guy (how many of those are there?) but suddenly our defence looks stronger and more competitive, our midfield is not just creative but wins balls and our forwards are getting goals and also harrying the opposing defences.

Seems to me maybe some of it was attitude. Why on earth it should have changed suddenly, I don't know.
    Last few years if Le Coq goes off injured on comes Matty Yellow Card Flamini.Now we can bring Lucas or Giroud on if Alexis isn't cutting it.Instead of playing Arshavin at centre forward for 5 games

You're right, of course, but that's not really the issue anymore, is it. Everyone agrees, and has done for years, that at various points during the season, we will look like the best team on the planet. We all know our team is capable of doing anything we want and need, except win the title.

At this time, there's nowhere near enough evidence to say with any confidence that *anything* has changed, imo. But that's just football, the brilliant, Beautiful Game, as it should be.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Before this was normally on the basis of having a wonderful (mostly) first XI who on their day could beat anyone if they clicked.

But there seems to be more depth in our squad and what I'm liking is the pressing we have now done for for the past couple of games. It seems like a new gameplan to me.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You're right, of course, but that's not really the issue anymore, is it. Everyone agrees, and has done for years, that at various points during the season, we will look like the best team on the planet. We all know our team is capable of doing anything we want and need, except win the title.

At this time, there's nowhere near enough evidence to say with any confidence that *anything* has changed, imo. But that's just football, the brilliant, Beautiful Game, as it should be.
    Very wise words R, as indeed I have come to expect.

Now if Pokster had written all that invariably references would have been made to chips and pish.

We had an excellent transfer window imo.

from no defense to one that looks extremely strong. I think we have the best back 4 in the league.

Alexis and Ozil seem to be playing very well. A suspicious person would link it to the contract renewal.
    Walcott is playing well.

And Sanchez is adapting to his new roll well.

It can all go tits up quickly though.

Our cringingly poor defensive performance in the 3-4 loss to Liverpool was possibly the best defeat we've ever had.

Our cringingly poor defensive performance in the 3-4 loss to Liverpool was possibly the best defeat we've ever had.
    and WD Gabriel for getting knackered.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Very wise words R, as indeed I have come to expect.

Now if Pokster had written all that invariably references would have been made to chips and pish.
    I have been tarred with the chip pissing brush while there are others on here who deserve the title far more than me...berni, I'm looking at you
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Alexis and Ozil seem to be playing very well. A suspicious person would link it to the contract renewal.
    The current form of Sanchez and Ozil should not in any way be a factor in any contract renewal discussions.

They both are simply of the very highest order in Europe never mind the PL and should be remunerated (if that is the issue) accordingly.