Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite type of curry, AWIMB?

What's your favourite type of curry, AWIMB?

And no, I don't mean tikka massala or korma or vindaloo. I mean which country or region do you prefer?

Northern India, Southern India, Malaysian, Thai, Kashmiri, Vietnamese etc etc

Personally, I've always loved Japanese curry and never been that keen on Thai.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    And no, I don't mean tikka massala or korma or vindaloo. I mean which country or region do you prefer?

They all look the same to me, to be honest. Never had one I didn't enjoy.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I like the sweet won WES,the won that has coconut and raisins innit.West Indian is it?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They all look the same to me, to be honest. Never had one I didn't enjoy.
    For sure though I was led to believe that most of the Indian curries we get are in fact Bangladeshi curries so I am ****ed if I know the exact origin of my favourite.

Which is madras by the way.

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    For sure though I was led to believe that most of the Indian curries we get are in fact Bangladeshi curries so I am ****ed if I know the exact origin of my favourite.

Which is madras by the way.

Wes
    I don't know many things, but I knew this. I knew that SW's reply would be the most predictable reply in the thread. Only surprised it didn't mention pints.

Glasgowwww
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Northern India. Gymkhana is the best restaurant in London for curries at the moment.

I don't know many things, but I knew this. I knew that SW's reply would be the most predictable reply in the thread. Only surprised it didn't mention pints.
    I actually think mine is the most informative.

I’m not sure I would know the difference between Northern or Southern Indian nor indeed Kashmiri as they all come from the same place and are normally delivered by a young lad in a Celtic shirt.

I will make a point of asking him next time where the curry is from. His answer may well be worth the cost in itself.

I’m not sure I would know the difference between Northern or Southern Indian nor indeed Kashmiri as they all come from the same place and are normally delivered by a young lad in a Celtic shirt.

I will make a point of asking him next time where the curry is from. His answer may well be worth the cost in itself.
    Right. Sometimes the most important thing is the skinful that goes with it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Believe it or not, however basta rdised, most of the curries served in UK do have their origins as distinct dishes in distinct areas. It would be unlikely to find pork dishes outside the Goa area, or beef dishes in the south where the vast majority are Hindu. Fish curries are much more prevalent in the south and east. Etc