Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I had a dream last night where my p1ss and sweat turned bright purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You've seen him live, I suspect? I was amazed how the shortársed little fúcker, no more than 4' 11", grew to 6' when he strapped on a guitar.
    A few times,yes.Only a matter of a few weeks ago in fact.
    The Attractions/Imposters are a simply wonderful band

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Any sensible writer should know they are their worst editor
    Yes. But however one might choose to describe the dear chap, 'sensible writer' would not, perhaps, be the first phrase to spring to mind.

Any sensible writer should know they are their worst editor
    Though writing when you are drunk and then editing when you are sober can help you get round this

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes. But however one might choose to describe the dear chap, 'sensible writer' would not, perhaps, be the first phrase to spring to mind.
    Yes, but that sort of thing is how you end up with monstrosities such as Morissey's autobiography

Yes, but that sort of thing is how you end up with monstrosities such as Morissey's autobiography
    I enjoyed his He really is completely bonkers isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Though writing when you are drunk and then editing when you are sober can help you get round this
    What a very dualist approach, la.

Obviously. Which is why I haven't rushed to read it.

Of course, despite my fears and your protestations, the reviews have been good.

I assume you've readed his book? Any good?
    Unlikely, I'd say. A chap spends his life writing and then after all that *still* feels the need to explain himself in a book.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Unlikely, I'd say. A chap spends his life writing and then after all that *still* feels the need to explain himself in a book.
    If you're interested I can highly recommend the lad from the Chili Peppers won.
    Proper old school rock 'n' roll lifestyle right there

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    If you're interested I can highly recommend the lad from the Chili Peppers won.
    Proper old school rock 'n' roll lifestyle right there
    I know. My mrs buys and reads all that ****e. Young chaps running around with their mates trying to have some fun and make a little money. Just like being in the Army basically.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."