Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Silence of the Awimbs

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    And no, I think Iwobi is potentially a far better player than Hleb.
    Iwobi can pass a football for a start. Hleb couldn't do that until Arsene had taught him how, at which point he was qualified to go and play for Barcelona.

Iwobi goes forward, Hleb mostly went sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Iwobi can pass a football for a start. Hleb couldn't do that until Arsene had taught him how, at which point he was qualified to go and play for Barcelona.
    I thought shooting was his issue, rather than passing? Lovely dribbler, if one likes that sort of thing.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I thought shooting was his issue, rather than passing? Lovely dribbler, if one likes that sort of thing.
    Velcro Feet, I used to call him. And shooting is just a specific instance of a pass, of course, for Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Velcro Feet, I used to call him. And shooting is just a specific instance of a pass, of course, for Arsenal.
    Right. Yes
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Iwobi goes forward, Hleb mostly went sideways.
    With all due respect, Mo - and I do hope you are just joking - that is a big pile of *******s

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    With all due respect, Mo - and I do hope you are just joking - that is a big pile of *******s
    A pile of asterisks? Hleb couldn't shoot for toffee, he was little more than an update on Helder. Not a bad player in a good midfield but Iwobi is more direct and is better at holding the ball and shooting.And still only 20. So yes, I'll stand by that.

A pile of asterisks? Hleb couldn't shoot for toffee, he was little more than an update on Helder. Not a bad player in a good midfield but Iwobi is more direct and is better at holding the ball and shooting.And still only 20. So yes, I'll stand by that.
    Hleb was a great footballer Mo.I loved watching him

saying Hleb only went sideways is garbage, his partnership with Cesc would have been seen as one of the greats if he stuck around. Fine player as is Iwobi of course

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    saying Hleb only went sideways is garbage, his partnership with Cesc would have been seen as one of the greats if he stuck around. Fine player as is Iwobi of course
    3 goals in 90 games? Even though he was briefly played as a second striker - bizarre decision for someone wtih no goals in him. He was a good player but did nothing after leaving Arsenal so maybe those around him made him look better than he was.