Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Silence of the Awimbs

Quote Originally Posted by Brentwood View Post
    When I see Iwobi I think Alex Hleb. Anyone else? Anyone?
    It's the stockings.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's the stockings.
    Sex,sex,sex.That's all you think about.Will the girls like this? Will the girls like that?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Sex,sex,sex.That's all you think about.Will the girls like this? Will the girls like that?
    It's all that sexy football. Blame Wenger.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

I have a feeling in order to win the Champions League we'd need an Aubemyang or someone up front whose conversion rate for chances is higher than what we've got.

If you put Alexis on the left he's still going to get you loots of goals. But someone like Wrighty in his prime will get more shots on target and score tap-ins and stuff. The old fox in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I have a feeling in order to win the Champions League we'd need an Aubemyang or someone up front whose conversion rate for chances is higher than what we've got.

If you put Alexis on the left he's still going to get you loots of goals. But someone like Wrighty in his prime will get more shots on target and score tap-ins and stuff. The old fox in the box.
    Add a fifty million pound striker to most teams and they'd begin to fancy their chances, wouldn't they. Even my daughter's school netball team would and they are completely *useless*.

Wenger's question, since Thierry*, has been How To Win It Without One Of These. Currently Alexis is giving it a good go.

*I know he didn't cost us that much but he played like he did.
    Last edited by redgunamo; 10-02-2016 at 11:16 AM.

We wouldn't have had a prayer before because there were other areas of weakness. For example centre-half. Kos is our best centre-half since Sol and if Mustafi turns out to be as good as he seems at the moment we could have our best centre-half pairing since the famous back four.

Our squad has improved to the stage where we could afford to shed a couple of players (eg Mertesacker) without a need for a replacement. We don't need to buy anyone else only splash the cash if a top man is available.

None of our squad (except Per) looks like needing to move on next summer either.

We wouldn't have had a prayer before because there were other areas of weakness. For example centre-half. Kos is our best centre-half since Sol and if Mustafi turns out to be as good as he seems at the moment we could have our best centre-half pairing since the famous back four.

Our squad has improved to the stage where we could afford to shed a couple of players (eg Mertesacker) without a need for a replacement. We don't need to buy anyone else only splash the cash if a top man is available.

None of our squad (except Per) looks like needing to move on next summer either.
    That's how it goes though, ain't it. You solve one area of concern and a couple of others appear. The reserve you thought was adequate turns out to be rubbish when actually called upon. You sort the fullback position out and then he decides he wants to go home to Birmingham or Barcelona or wherever.

The whole thing is all so very sad and blithering and futile

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's how it goes though, ain't it. You solve one area of concern and a couple of others appear. The reserve you thought was adequate turns out to be rubbish when actually called upon. You sort the fullback position out and then he decides he wants to go home to Birmingham or Barcelona or wherever.

The whole thing is all so very sad and blithering and futile
    Yes. My point is there are no serious areas of concern because we have more or less proven players who can't even get on the bench when everyone's fit.

Yes. My point is there are no serious areas of concern because we have more or less proven players who can't even get on the bench when everyone's fit.
    And my point is they haven't *proven* they can win us the league

Accepted. And neither had Henry until he did. We have a new mix and maybe the missing pieces of the jigsaw are falling into place.

And no, I think Iwobi is potentially a far better player than Hleb.