Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Silence of the Awimbs

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Only if PSG get the better of us in our personal goal difference. It's us or them. Can't wait to get Bayern in the next round after they end up second in their group.
    Hmm. You're ignoring the possibility of dropping points in Switzerland or Ludoland, wherever it is. And getting beaten at home by PSG isn't exactly unimaginable, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You don't get over 20k posts by being here part time, SW.

You might want to have a quiet word with yourself, Theo-style. Think about upping your game a bit. You're clearly too comfortable, coasting through your AWIMB career.
    You only have 20,000 because you dredged up your old admittedly legfendary character as opposed to reinventing yourself as a new, hip, spontaneous and vibrant board member like the rest of us.

Do you Awimb at weekends?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I know you are going to tell me for my inate sense of spoiled rotten entitlement but I wanted 4 .. 5...
    It's frustrating being that much on top and watching chances go begging, I agree.

If that Chilean midget could finish we'd have scored 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's frustrating being that much on top and watching chances go begging, I agree.

Interesting. I recall someone enlightened saying in the last couple of days Alexis wasn't a striker.

Excellent result and performance, Team on a bit of a run and awimb celebrates by... not turning up!!!

No comments throughout the match. Is that a first?
    I watched the match at a neighbour's place (he watched Bayern on another telly). Sausages, cheese, bread, nibbles and a couple of small barrels of some mysterious, unnamed Bière d'Alsace.

A most agreeable evening all round. Sehr gemütlich, gentlemanly.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You only have 20,000 because you dredged up your old admittedly legfendary character as opposed to reinventing yourself as a new, hip, spontaneous and vibrant board member like the rest of us.

Do you Awimb at weekends?
    You're too kind.

Yes. Certainly. If we're playing.
    Last edited by redgunamo; 09-29-2016 at 08:40 AM.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Interesting. I recall someone enlightened saying in the last couple of days Alexis wasn't a striker.
    I don't think he is one, he's merely playing at being one at the moment. That's clearly the fashion nowadays.

Making a decent job of it for us too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Nothing new there, I think. Even The Invincibles were well-known for playing lots of wonderful football, tearing the opposition apart and then failing to score at the end of it.

Enlightened? No, clueless I would say

When I see Iwobi I think Alex Hleb. Anyone else? Anyone?