Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Silence of the Awimbs

The Silence of the Awimbs

Excellent result and performance, Team on a bit of a run and awimb celebrates by... not turning up!!!

No comments throughout the match. Is that a first?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Excellent result and performance, Team on a bit of a run and awimb celebrates by... not turning up!!!

You had been warning us for the impeding slip up Mo.

We looked bloody good imo

I had been warning we shouldn't be complacent. We weren't. Killed the game off in the first half-hour, although I would have liked more goals so the substitutions could have been to rest key players rather than tactical. But it would be curmudgeonly to criticise anything.

More of the same. We have seven very winnable games coming up next. Let's make it 11 wins on the trot.

The sticky is serving us well. Performance better than the result on this occasion. Amazing football, should have been a cricket score. Alexis might not have had his shooting boots on but those assisty boots helped Theon.

Keeper made four or five good saves. Alexis missed a sitter, Mesut missed one too. A couple of bad choices in crossing which should have left to open goals.

There was no pressure on the result, our pressing high up and ball recovery was superb. We do need to increase our shot to goal ratio. We're not always going to have as many chances as tonight and Saturday. And our corners are again very poor.

Mustafi loooks like a real find.

Now I'm not the grinchy sort, but goal difference might be an issue in this group...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Now I'm not the grinchy sort, but goal difference might be an issue in this group...
    Only if PSG get the better of us in our personal goal difference. It's us or them. Can't wait to get Bayern in the next round after they end up second in their group.

1. I don't think any functioning adult actually uses this place beyond 9-5 Monday to Friday
    2. I told you they were ****

Basel. *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    1. I don't think any functioning adult actually uses this place beyond 9-5 Monday to Friday
    2. I told you they were ****

Basel. *******s.
    You don't get over 20k posts by being here part time, SW.

You might want to have a quiet word with yourself, Theo-style. Think about upping your game a bit. You're clearly too comfortable, coasting through your AWIMB career.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I know you are going to tell me for my inate sense of spoiled rotten entitlement but I wanted 4 .. 5...