Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The team I'd play and the team Wenger will play tonight.

The team I'd play and the team Wenger will play tonight.

Me:

Cech

Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Gibbs

Theo Iwobi Xhaka Ozil Alexis

Perez

Wenger will play Ospina, Monreal, Cazorla and stick Alexis up front again

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Me:

Cech

Perez

I think we're all desperate to see more of our two new big money signings. Things *are* going alright though, in fairness.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Me:

Cech

Perez

The 'Alexis as centre forward' experiment, decried as folly by so many, is clearly starting to bear fruit. I imagine that he will be keen to continue with it as it continues to improve with familiarity.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I think we're all desperate to see more of our two new big money signings. Things *are* going alright though, in fairness.
    I'm quite easy about not seeing them if we're doing well. But Xhaka has to play tonight with Coq out and with Girouf missing it's a chance to give Perez a run-out and see how he links with the other small fleet-flooted boys.

If it doesn't work then bring Santi on for him in the second half. It's also about using our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The 'Alexis as centre forward' experiment, decried as folly by so many, is clearly starting to bear fruit. I imagine that he will be keen to continue with it as it continues to improve with familiarity.
    Maybe he's got Alexis back on the gear? He was rubbish when it wore off last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The problem for Alexis, and indeed the team, is that if we don't win the league, it will be deemed to have failed. The first thing we, I mean, of course "Arsene Wenger", will do is look for a "proper" striker.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Me:

Cech

Perez

I must say you do take this whole thing very seriously M.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The problem for Alexis, and indeed the team, is that if we don't win the league, it will be deemed to have failed. The first thing we, I mean, of course "Arsene Wenger", will do is look for a "proper" striker.
    It surely won't have failed if he gets 35 goals and we come second to a 110-point Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I must say you do take this whole thing very seriously M.
    Well it is an Arsenal forum. We have a game tonight. Makes more sense to talk about that than lunch or Corbyn to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It surely won't have failed if he gets 35 goals and we come second to a 110-point Man City.
    Oh, of course, we'll win the famous old Not Playing a Proper Striker and Finishing Second Cup, I suppose. I just feel everyone wants more than that, at this stage.