Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bit of a twist on the old 'What's for Lunch?' format

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Cup of coffee and one slice of pear.
    That's no breakfast for a growing lad, sw.

back to the old S&E McMuffin for me tomorrow
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Cup of coffee and one slice of pear.
    Are you on remand, SW? Dieting perhaps?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's no breakfast for a growing lad, sw.
    I was making the kids breakfast and packed lunches and I found myself with a stray piece of pear so I thought I'm having that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    19.18 for 5k is pretty good for an amateur. I might have done it in 16.00 in my heyday but would struggle to do it in 22.00 now I guess.
    You used to run 16:00 5ks, m? Were you a professional athlete, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You sadden me
    I was bemoaning my relative lack of pace to a friend of similar age who regularly runs such times and he put things into perspective by suggesting I look around at all the people I know and ask myself how many of them could run 5,000 metres in any time without suffering an infarct. The number was suprisingly few. Of any age, even.

No not professional. I didn't do many track 5000s. I ran 800 in 1.59 and 1500 in 4.17 but never trained enough to have the miles in my legs to let me kick on further.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    No not professional. I didn't do many track 5000s. I ran 800 in 1.59 and 1500 in 4.17 but never trained enough to have the miles in my legs to let me kick on further.
    Good Lord. Most impressive. wd you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Good Lord. Most impressive. wd you.
    Ah.. bittersweet. Like with many other things in life I now wish I'd put more effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    'Personal Best'. It's what we runners say when we go faster than we have before.

My treadmill cares not whether it is light or dark, wet or dry

My multigym is arriving tomorrow. I need monty's advice on how much to bench.
    Monty knows nothing.

A man of your years should pick a weight you can do 15-20 reps with and do 4 sets of as many as you can with 1-2 minutes between sets. Gets the heart rate up and will help with muscle definition so that V continues to see you as a sex god even in these twilight years.