Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Of course, all this bung business does suggest another reason why AW is always in the

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Mind you, I think we can all agree that nothing feels quite as satisfying as a large bundle of cash of which the Revenue know nothing.
    I wouldn't know anything about that
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Peter Sellers looks quite hip in that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    firing line from the punditocracy of British ex managers and players. After all, in a world where everyone's on the take, everyone hates the guy who isn't, don't they?
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...is-controversy

Looks like Fat Sam has been persuading/forcing his players to sign for that agent. Suggestions that Ravel Morisson was sent on loan from West Ham to QPR for refusing to sign with the agent. So the person who is supposed to be getting the best deal for the club, when it comes to signing players and setting their wages, will personally benefit the more that player earns (as the agent gets 5% of everything they earn). Stinks to high heaven

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    People behave the way they behave because that's the way they behave. A hound doesn't stop chasing after hare just because he has a tin of Chunky Lumps at home, does he.
    That was almost Wengeresque r.

Quote Originally Posted by Brentwood View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...is-controversy

Looks like Fat Sam has been persuading/forcing his players to sign for that agent. Suggestions that Ravel Morisson was sent on loan from West Ham to QPR for refusing to sign with the agent. So the person who is supposed to be getting the best deal for the club, when it comes to signing players and setting their wages, will personally benefit the more that player earns (as the agent gets 5% of everything they earn). Stinks to high heaven
    That's football, ain't it. Seems to be the way things are done everywhere.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lar d'Arse View Post
    Too kind, I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by Lar d'Arse View Post
    Even better, Chunky Lumps doesn't seem to be a brand of dogfood that the internet has heard of. Top, top aphorising.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Even better, Chunky Lumps doesn't seem to be a brand of dogfood that the internet has heard of. Top, top aphorising.
    Ha! Actually, I pinched it from an old Spitting Image sketch, possibly involving Harold Wilson. Ted Bench perhaps? The brand name just always appealed.

Edit. Found it! Your internets must be rubbish. From about 6:35.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Ha! Actually, I pinched it from an old Spitting Image sketch, possibly involving Harold Wilson. Ted Bench perhaps? The brand name just always appealed.

Edit. Found it! Your internets must be rubbish. From about 6:35.
    Fantastic! especially as Jim Callaghan (it was he) was voiced by Chris Barrie just as I'm watching some old Red Dwarf. Top synchronicity!
    Last edited by Ash; 09-29-2016 at 08:56 PM.