Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apparently, warning cyclists not to do something that gets a lot of them killed is

Apparently, warning cyclists not to do something that gets a lot of them killed is

'victim blaming'.

Cyclists. What a heap of self-righteous cùnts they are.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3353906.html

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    'victim blaming'.

I've seen a film which shows the huge blind spot lorry drivers have when they sit in their cabs. Nothing they can realistically do about it, so complete common sense that cyclists should be aware of this high risk and take more care

'victim blaming'.

I overtook won the other day before stopping at a set of traffic lights. He pulled up beside me and started bashing the side of my car and waving his hands about

'victim blaming'.

The lorry overtakes the cyclist, so a bit tricky for the cyclist to do something different... apart from perhaps not cycle.

If they had shown the cyclist undertaking the lorry then the video would have been correct.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I overtook won the other day before stopping at a set of traffic lights. He pulled up beside me and started bashing the side of my car and waving his hands about
    Yes, it's the lack of civility and care for other road users that's the thing, isn't it.

No damage to your car, I hope?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, it's the lack of civility and care for other road users that's the thing, isn't it.

No damage to your car, I hope?
    Fortunately not. I did potentially remind him that my car was worth significantly more than his bicycle and indeed, his well-being . Heat of the moment stuff.

Fortunately not. I did potentially remind him that my car was worth significantly more than his bicycle and indeed, his well-being . Heat of the moment stuff.
    Perfectly understandable, under the circumstances.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

You threatened him?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The lorry overtakes the cyclist, so a bit tricky for the cyclist to do something different... apart from perhaps not cycle.

If they had shown the cyclist undertaking the lorry then the video would have been correct.
    He can slow down or stop, hang back and give the lorry a wide berth. At roundabouts, the Highway Code makes it clear that drivers should watch out for lorries and other large vehicles because their physical size means they may have to cross over lanes and their ability to see other road users may be restricted. There's nothing unreasonable in thet suggestion that you let lorries go rather than risk getting crushed - it's basic road safety and awareness of potential hazards. Equally, it's reasonable to point out to cyclists that lorries are big, clumsy vehicles with restricted vision and that discretion might be the better part of valour when it comes to dealing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You threatened him?
    Surely the Hippocratic Oath would prevent r from striking the fellow?