Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #SoberOctober ?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, quite. If you think someone who doesn't appreciate a no 9 is a deviant, red, what about someone who deliberately avoids drink?

I'd loose the hounds on him, if I had any.
    Could be worse, could be a plastic yank
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, that's what everyone needs as the bitter, miserable fact of months of winter cold, wet and darkness seeps in: sobriety.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    This is an appalling idea, and terrible for business. The hard-working hospitality industry is still reeling from the abomination that is dry january. If these bloody Salvation Army types are going to be firing salvoes at us in autumn as well we might as well shut down and throw ourselves out on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is an appalling idea, and terrible for business. The hard-working hospitality industry is still reeling from the abomination that is dry january. If these bloody Salvation Army types are going to be firing salvoes at us in autumn as well we might as well shut down and throw ourselves out on the streets.
    There's some add on the radio I had to listen to the other day about cutting down on your alcohol intake. Some annoying tw@t with a really condescending attitude lectures you on how much you drink and what it does to you blah blah blah.

I asked the missus who paid for this sort of nonsense and she said it was almost certainly the NHS. Like they've got the money to piss about with garbage like that.

Message reported to Bueno who died laughing. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I think it's a disgrace.

Beer is virtually a health product! Will nobody think of my liver
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."