Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Dare I say it, but...

Dare I say it, but...

...with a back 5 of Cech, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mustafi and Monreal, we are looking damned good in defense!

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    ...with a back 5 of Cech, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mustafi and Monreal, we are looking damned good in defense!
    That comment was so jinxy that I can virtually hear all their ligaments snapping from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That comment was so jinxy that I can virtually hear all their ligaments snapping from here.
    No worries. Young Bob Holding looks good too.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No worries. Young Bob Holding looks good too.
    Hmmm. Talking of injuries, we all seem remarkably unbothered by the fact that Coquelin could be kernacked for the rest of the year.

I fear that may be more of a loss than we think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    Not to mention Coquelin (RIP), Elneny and Xhaka as options in front of them. And hopefully Theo's new found enthusiasm for pressing and supporting Hector will influence young Iwobi to do the same on his side.

The most interesting aspect of Saturday for me was how well we played with Sanchez up front. That's two in a row and it wasn't that long ago that it still didn't seem to work. Is it just me or did Wenger at some point say that he had signed Sanchez as a striker?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Not to mention Coquelin (RIP), Elneny and Xhaka as options in front of them. And hopefully Theo's new found enthusiasm for pressing and supporting Hector will influence young Iwobi to do the same on his side.

The most interesting aspect of Saturday for me was how well we played with Sanchez up front. That's two in a row and it wasn't that long ago that it still didn't seem to work. Is it just me or did Wenger at some point say that he had signed Sanchez as a striker?
    He's mentioned a couple of times before he sees him as a similar player to Suarez in that role

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He's mentioned a couple of times before he sees him as a similar player to Suarez in that role
    They all look the same to Him.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They all look the same to Him.
    South Americans or forwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    South Americans or forwards?
    Both probably, more's the pity