Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else planning on boycotting GBBO once it moves to Channel 4?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What is the basis of the boycott?

I am familiar with, though not a watcher, of the programme.
    It is moving to a different channel - it's difficult for people. Bear in mind, this is a country where people are more likely to watch something on BBC1 than BBC2 (despite fact it has been going for 52 years, it's a bit new) and actively complain if something like a sporting event is shown on the latter rather than the former despite the fact that the process and experience are EXACTLY THE ****ING SAME

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I like Mel and Sue, I love Mary, I can live with the scouser with the really stupid last name.

They're keeping only the latter.
    Is he not the real knowledge on the programme though?

My Mrs and kids watch it without fail having recorded it each week as it clashes with football training. The strumpet I have seen referred to earlier would obviously get my vote each week.

In general though obviously not without exceptions I like cake and pastries, but I am ****ed if am going to watch people making it.

And from experience, when she went up a river in China, I find the lesbian presenter with the glasses to be annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It is moving to a different channel - it's difficult for people. Bear in mind, this is a country where people are more likely to watch something on BBC1 than BBC2 (despite fact it has been going for 52 years, it's a bit new) and actively complain if something like a sporting event is shown on the latter rather than the former despite the fact that the process and experience are EXACTLY THE ****ING SAME
    It was on the news last night. I’m not joking, the ****ing news.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Is he not the real knowledge on the programme though?

My Mrs and kids watch it without fail having recorded it each week as it clashes with football training. The strumpet I have seen referred to earlier would obviously get my vote each week.

In general though obviously not without exceptions I like cake and pastries, but I am ****ed if am going to watch people making it.

And from experience, when she went up a river in China, I find the lesbian presenter with the glasses to be annoying.
    Yes, that is his role, but I'm sure it can't be that hard to find someone mildly obnoxious who knows how to bake. And the next one might not have a scouse accent.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I read that the favourite to replace Mary is that Nadia (sp) bird that won it last year. I'm betting they'll choose some really irritating comedian to replace Mel and Sue. Jo Brand was floated as a possibility.

GBBO with Jo Brand, Nadia and the smarmy scouser. The thought of it makes me ill
    It could get really bad. Tim Lovejoy and that bald chap. Can you imagine? This is CH4, anything is possible. Expect Jimmy Carr to pop up quite frequently